What's new
What's new

Lotsa nice tooling at Bidspotter auction ending May 28... free ship handling too

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
By "ship handling" I mean the auctioneer will take your items to a UPS store for you where UPS will box and ship it. You only pay the actual UPS box/ship charges.

You can pick up in person as well of course. For items too heavy for UPS the auctioneer will band to pallet and load onto common carrier at no charge for the loading. The palletizing/banding will be a small charge depending on the size and complexity of the item(s)

CLT Auctions | Procyon Machine Auction; Exceptionally Clean Machinery & Equipment lots

Below video gives some feel (toward the end...fast forward to 17:30) for how much tooling there is

YouTube

Are you hanging it up? For the record I bought a Takasawa TC-1 from Don a little over a dozen years ago. It was as advertised and is still alive and kicking, probably the best used machine purchase I ever made. Smooth transaction, great communication.

Will there be a way to find out what the final winning bid on an item was? Interested in that for lot 231, Aloris BXA toolpost, currently at $170 bid with 1h 24 min to go.
Thanks.

-Marty-

$260 + 9% + 16% = $328. New I found for $380. The extra BXA-1 makes it a better deal. It's probably $50 to pack and ship at UPS store. Do the math. The Ellis band saw sold for more then I can buy it new in Cali. I can't figure out auctions anymore. I've gotten some killer deals but when stuff approaches new prices I wonder if it's an adrenaline rush to win.

I knew stuff would go high. I checked a few days ago and someone was bidding on a locked briefcase with no key and unkown contents. $50 then. Thats a "tell". Dont even bother looking further.

But good for Don!

Yeah, I thought the same as Mebfab. Went back to look last night and three of the four items I was interested in went way higher than I’d bid, but one, the Oliver 21HD drill grinder was under what I thought it was worth.

Overall, happy for Don/Milacron.

(Wonder how many years it’ll be before he has a small warehouse accumulating stuff again....)

Lucky7

Yea, I had the same feelings. Wondering why on earth people would be bidding up the price on some of the equipment weeks before the auction???

Does anyone know who ended up with the Fehlmann, Makino or Schaublin?

Yea, I had the same feelings. Wondering why on earth people would be bidding up the price on some of the equipment weeks before the auction???

Does anyone know who ended up with the Fehlmann, Makino or Schaublin?

Fehlmann ended up going for quite a bit more than any of the other machines... I'm quite surprised, I probably should convert my 2axis cnc one to manual and spruce it up when I'll decide to get rid of it :D

Fehlmann ended up going for quite a bit more than any of the other machines... I'm quite surprised, I probably should convert my 2axis cnc one to manual and spruce it up when I'll decide to get rid of it :D

Yea, went for some good money which I wasn't upset about. I was in until about 10k and then couldn't justify the price with the additional tax and shipping. It would have been an awesome setup to have next to my desk in case I didn't want to go out to the shop. It went around 21K + 25% so roughly 26k. One day!

Also on my watch list was that Korean band saw, Jakobson and the Alzmetal drill press. Probably should have purchased the Jakobson as my B&S Micromaster is a bit tired.

Prices are still listed for the time being. What was the lot #?

Briefcase went for $95 +25%

I do appreciate that the prices are being left up. It is pretty rare these days, but can be very helpful, particularly for unique equipment.

Does bidspotter or someone else sell access to past prices?

Back