What's new
What's new

Machinist Tweezer

Tci_

Plastic
I have come into a quantity of Tweezers. I needed about 10 and bought 50. Selling off about 30 for now if anyone is interested.

Asking $25 plus $3.50 S&H or free shipping of more than 1 is bought.

You are welcome to call or text 208-941-Zero 638

I hate to give out my email on an open thread. New to the forum do we do PM's here?

Attachments

• Arrowhead Tweezer.jpg
    Arrowhead Tweezer.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,076
You missed reading the rules for who can post sale adds:
Pay close attention to #5
Rules and suggestions, READ BEFORE POSTING

Whoops sorry I missed that part or my brain ignored it cause I'm old. I'll do what I can but from what I read on the forum you guys are ALL WAY above my ability to contribute much helpfull info. I'm a mod over on a Vinyl cutters website so I get what it looks like and it pretty much IS what it looks like. I first came to this forum looking for the tweezers but couldn't find them ANYWHERE here or ebay or anywhere. I had a source locally that dried up. The reason they are posted retail is I got desperate and I made them (more technically I commissioned them to be made at a local machine shop in my area) Problem was I couldn't get just a few very cost effectively so I ended up with 50 and took a chance that I can market the extra to hopefully cover my costs and end up with the 10 or so I wanted to start with for a bit of savings. American dream, you know. I am into these $17 with the machining and the packaging which I did from home to help them look presentable. The arrowhead logo is my own design (I'm a digital arts guy so...) You guys with EDM Wire machines can make your own (that's what my local shop did them on) but that's way outside my wheelhouse. The old original ones I had been buying were done by an older retired guy and definitely cut and ground because the finished shape was not nearly as precise as these turned out. In looking to sell off the extras I just came back to the forum where I had looked for them in the first place, not meaning to cause a bunch of whoopla. I build roads for a living and do graphics and tee shirts on the side. I use these to weed shirt vinyl so they are integral to my side work and I was obviously willing to shell out some coin to replenish my supply so you can decide for yourself if they are chinese crap or the real deal.

...I made them (more technically I commissioned them to be made at a local machine shop in my area) Problem was I couldn't get just a few very cost effectively so I ended up with 50...

See, if you would have said this all in the first place....

And plenty of threads about dirt work for driveways or shop prep etc. Everything gets discussed here and you will be able to contribute to something IF you participate. Look at this thread, tweezers for gods sake;)

Where in Idaho are you?

See, if you would have said this all in the first place....

And plenty of threads about dirt work for driveways or shop prep etc. Everything gets discussed here and you will be able to contribute to something IF you participate. Look at this thread, tweezers for gods sake;)

Where in Idaho are you?

I’m in Nampa which is in the Boise valley

I just want to know what exactly makes it a machinist tweezer? And you're going to have a very tough time getting more than the price that a good pair of used eBay Swiss tweezers will bring.

I bought several from a tooling supplier who caters to machine and equipment shops. He sold them as such and it make sense that machinists who work with machined steel products would see an inordinate amount of metal slivers as opposed to teens plucking eyebrows. These are extremely sharp and work great for actually digging in and grabbing those pesky things. I carried the name forward because it made sense to my practical thinking. You could also probably add that they were made by machinists both the ones I used to get and these as well as opposed to carpenters so..... I don’t disagree that it’s a lot of money for a pair of tweezers. No one has to spend thousands on a metal lathe either when you can go grab one for a hundred bucks at harbor freight. I get it. At the very least you guys have had plenty of excitement flaming for a few hours. Ha ha

Last edited:
Definitely found a touchy subject title. Maybe the mod can change the title so as to be less offensive. My apologies. I would hate to accidentally mislead some future searcher who came to the machinists forum in search of some other type of tweezer. That would be a tragedy.

On our first date to a fraternity "woodsie" over 50 years ago my now-wife fell in love (she claims) picking cactus spines out of my hand. She's been removing my splinters ever since, and usually starts by plowing the epidermis with a sewing needle. I just sent a link to her i-Pad with an inquiry about practicality. We have quite a collection of tweezers, but you may be hearing from me again. You seem like a decent fellow. Ignore the nay-sayers. Kim

Definitely found a touchy subject title. Maybe the mod can change the title so as to be less offensive. My apologies. I would hate to accidentally mislead some future searcher who came to the machinists forum in search of some other type of tweezer. That would be a tragedy.

Dear snowflake...please read the rules up top about selling/spamming.

Back