PM sent just now

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do those tweezers work for ear hair? Asking for a friend.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    Do those tweezers work for ear hair? Asking for a friend.
    I guess it depends on how steady your hands are. Pulling ear hair would hurt like a mother! <cringe> Be careful sticking foreign objects into your ears and these are really sharp. I suppose these would get the job done just fine, my kids pluck eyebrows wonderfully but you can see those plainly.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alright I'll take two, I figure my dad would appreciate a pair too :-)
    pm inbound

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Received tweezers today.They are far better than any I have. Thanks for posting them on here. I sent you a pm as a couple of friends want a pair after they seen mine.

7. Likes Tci_, BugRobotics liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alight. I'll bite.

I get a ton of slivers and never would have thought I needed a $25 pair or tweezers. But TCIs story about how/why he had them made is worth a fair bit of the price.

PM inbound.

9. Likes Tci_ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finally decided to look at this post. Those tweezers look great. I can't tell from the photo if the tips are angled or beveled such that when they meet, the contact surface is not just at the tip of the point. Does that make sense?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
    Finally decided to look at this post. Those tweezers look great. I can't tell from the photo if the tips are angled or beveled such that when they meet, the contact surface is not just at the tip of the point. Does that make sense?
    Pretty much to a point but it's a slight angle. If you wanted to create a bevel I think you could fold a piece of 400gr paper so both sides are out and pull it though while pinching the tips together and make more contact area in there. You would then probably have to also fine tune the tip again but it's not too tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've had mine since shortly after the first post but did not use them until yesterday, when I removed a tiny little irritating corn from my wife's foot. Worked perfectly. They're a bit different from normal tweezers in that the point is sharp enough to dig around a bit to get ahold of the offending matter. They are sort of like my Powermatic table saw and Bridgeport mill. I wish I had had them earlier in life.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a guy who owns 3 (read em and weep) pairs of $50 swiss tweezers, I'm intrigued. The difference between cheap tweezers and good tweezers becomes apparent if you work with them under a microscope. Or if you accidentally jab them into things while moving around the lab only to find the points remain pristine. You'll replace 10 pairs of $5 tweezers long before you wear out the $50 ones. Some of y'all need to step up your tweezer game here.

PM sent.

14. Likes BugRobotics liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having trouble reaching you. I want to order 2.

metalmagpie

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmagpie View Post
    Having trouble reaching you. I want to order 2.

metalmagpie
    Have you pm’d me? I haven’t seen it. I hesitate to post my personal info out on an open forum.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With metal magpie's order and a few that I sold locally that is the last of the tweezers I was selling off. I really appreciate all you guys who helped me out by taking my excess pairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got the twizzer, thank you. Nice little fellow which is shaped well to very comfortably rest on the middle finger and allow precise movement. No side play. I'd, probably, prefer a small landing vs. edge contact to have a bit larger gripping area, but for splinter removal it will work "as is".

Do you plan to make and sell more? Just wonder because you made the retail packaging.

Thank you again.

Mike

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    I've got the twizzer, thank you. Nice little fellow which is shaped well to very comfortably rest on the middle finger and allow precise movement. No side play. I'd, probably, prefer a small landing vs. edge contact to have a bit larger gripping area, but for splinter removal it will work "as is".

Do you plan to make and sell more? Just wonder because you made the retail packaging.

Thank you again.

Mike
    That was an initial idea if they sold good. I actually built the retail look in an attempt to sell them through a local retail store mostly as a demo unit and hoped to move my extras through them in bulk and maybe on to make my millions. Even at a discounted wholesale rate they didn't think they were interested due to the margins not being equitable. They wanted about 50% mark-up which just didn't work for me or priced them out of all possibilities. I think the $25 is about the peak anyone could expect to get in any volume and is what I was paying for the originals I was buying. They wanted to buy them from me several dollars below my out of pocket costs so it never went anywhere. I liked the look in the bag and had purchased a bunch of them (because they only come in quality) so I stuck with it. The printed tag was printed on my home computer. I would have went without those too however, also in line if I were to make and sell more it seemed prudent to have my name and contact info on there and also the little detail of how to hold them because believe it or not most people try to grab them clear down in the inside of the shape which hinders getting full value of the arrow shaped head.

I have had a few already upset that they missed out on the tweezers now that they're gone. I am not probably interested in taking another risk of building 50 more. I pulled the trigger on the first run BEFORE telling my better half who is my business partner in the home based operation. When I told her what I'd done it was one of those "You spent HOW MUCH?" and "You THINK you can sell the extras?" kind of moment that I'm better off not repeating. I have been trying to figure out a way to do some more without the risk. My better half says we should put up a Sign-Up genius allowing pre-orders and when we get up to at least 40 we go ahead and build the next round. That would be safe for us. I have not done one of those before but she has, that's why she's the better half after all. I think we would try to have a counter so everyone can see how the order is building and definitely would say not pre-payment at least until the actual order was big enough to be a sure thing. You guys let me know and I'm agreeable if there is still interest.

20. Likes MichaelP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was thinking of ordering 2 of them, I just had a burst of 5 or 6 tiny splinters in 4 days... Its been several years since the last one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a follow-up for feedback if you take more orders. Mine arrived promptly, safe, and sound and are as-promised.

I own probably 10 pairs of tweezers, but nothing as nice or durable. I also like that the tip is sharp, since I tend to dig around with a needle when removing splinters. I think this makes that unnecessary, in most instances.

...and I stand by the comment that your description of how you ended up with them is a big selling point.

23. Likes Tci_ liked this post