What's new
What's new

Many stripper bolts, all new.

whamac

Aluminum
I've been slowly liquidating my shop for months now, and I thought I'd post this collection of unused stripper bolts.
Trouble is, I have no idea what to ask for them.

Body diameters run from 1/4" to 3/4", in various lengths of course.
I don't have a specific inventory of sizes, but I can put one together if desired.

I'm in NW Illinois, and I'd prefer local pickup at this point.

Thanks for looking!

[email protected]

Attachments

• Stripper bolts.jpg
    Stripper bolts.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 429
Aren't those just shoulder bolts? I have not heard stripper bolt used for those before, but that doesn't mean much...

Great question!

You know, I don't even know why I called them that; 42 years in the trade, and I do believe that I've nearly always called them shoulder screws (or bolts).
Now that I'm retired, I guess my mind is starting to go. lol

That said, they ARE referred to sometimes as stripper bolts.

Socket Shoulder Screws, Stripper Bolts

Anyway, I've had these things for decades, never used them, and I sure don't want to give them to a local scrap metal guy if I don't have to.

-Doug

Socket head shoulder screws are frequently used to retain the stripper plates in punch press die sets, which is why they are often called stripper bolts. Obviously, they can be used for lots of other things, too.

I've been slowly liquidating my shop for months now, and I thought I'd post this collection of unused stripper bolts.
Trouble is, I have no idea what to ask for them.

Body diameters run from 1/4" to 3/4", in various lengths of course.
I don't have a specific inventory of sizes, but I can put one together if desired.

I'm in NW Illinois, and I'd prefer local pickup at this point.

Thanks for looking!

[email protected]

Usually when a stripper bolts it means you've scared her off! :D

Socket head shoulder screws are frequently used to retain the stripper plates in punch press die sets, which is why they are often called stripper bolts. Obviously, they can be used for lots of other things, too.

I think that was the original purpose of them. Then other uses were found and "shoulder bolt" was the all encompassing name.

Anyone who builds a forming tool will quickly realize the sizes and configurations available of stripper bolts are made for punch tools.

If someone doesn't want the whole lot, I'd like an assortment of 6 of each sizes to keep around to use for set up
Probably fit in a small flat rate box

Thee may be others with the same interest

I went through all of them this morning, and made a list.

They're nearly all Bristol brand, except for a few Baumbach.

Let's see if I can attach my list here..

Attachments

• Shoulder screws 2.jpg
    Shoulder screws 2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87

Back