What's new
What's new

Marathon Electric 15hp motor and starter

kineticmx

Aluminum
Bought a compressor, turned out to be junk so I pulled the motor and starter off before sending it to scrap.

15hp marathon electric motor.
230/460v
1745 rpm
254T frame

Also have the motor starter, eaton brand. It was wired for 230v so you would need to swap the thermal overload heaters out if running on high voltage. 11” double vee pulley still mounted on motor.

$250 obo for the pair seem fair? Just trying to recoup some $$ from the compressor. Located in central CT, would consider shipping. Really just hate to see it get scrapped.

Thanks for looking, Teddy

9167cdce5d1494a89532cea242681a6f.jpg

68a4eee85af664aac3334a6d4281ea70.jpg

94f8cd4a6666708e270545b3f0a81b2b.jpg

bd0315e188bd74b6718397451c0292d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen a motor starter that looked like that and I used to work for a Cutlet Hammer distributor back in the day. That pair looks like a good candidate for someone wanting to cobble together a phase converter.

I believe this was a late 80’s unit, yeah the contactors dont have the same look as my other square D starter. Regardless I can confirm that that the starter did function.

If you make a RPC out of it, remove the pulley, that appears to be worth at least $50 right there.

last chance before this hefty gal heads to scrap...
it’s covered in snow right now unfortunately but still a shame dragging it to the yard.

it’s covered in snow right now unfortunately but still a shame dragging it to the yard.

It ain't a BAD motor for an RPC, but WTH?

I've gotten four "NOS" Reliance Duty-Masters for about $250, average, that had but cosmetic damage or no damage at all.

One was listed as "missing a key". True. But as I stash every US AND Metric size Fastenal bothers to stock, locally? And even have SAWS? I wasn't overly fussed!

$100 plus freight - which is not trivial - might move it?

Not here. Marathons are decent. They just aren't Reliance.

2CW

Looks perfect for an rpc. I bought a similar motor locally, 15HP but not Reliance, and built an RPC for the new garage. It works great, the 10HP hard starting compressor starts great now.

For what it is going to cost to ship I'll give you what the scrapyard will give you, my guess about 10-15$. At least it won't to go to scrap.

Back