What's new
What's new

In the market for some cat 30 tooling anyone selling?

Silverdrgn

Plastic
Hello, I have an emco PC 55 mill that I need some tooling for. The manufacturer info says it uses cat 30 tooling. If anyone has an available I would be interested in it. I believe is uses ER 25 collets so I would also be interested in those if you have both. Please let me know, thanks.

Those holders are getting harder and harder to find. See you you can use / convert to BT30. Taper is the same. Just flange and thread size is different. BT30 is much, much more popular.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it. What is actually necessary for conversion? Would I have to machine the flange on the bt30 or would I have to modify the spindle hardware to fit the flange of the bt30?

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it. What is actually necessary for conversion? Would I have to machine the flange on the bt30 or would I have to modify the spindle hardware to fit the flange of the bt30?

You would want to modify the spindle/tool changer unless you want to mod every single BT30 you bought/would buy (probably not). That said, are you sure it is a Cat30? Have any documentation from machine to verify?

Just the online brochure I found. I'm not certain of it being cat 30. I know these machines were made for several years and there were some changes made during those years. How would I be able to know for certain when I check the machine itself? I know tapers arethe same from what I have read so the difference would be in the flange? Sorry for such newbie questions I'm a bit of a beginner...

There is a good explanation of difference in 30 taper tooling Here:

Machine Tool Shanks (Tapers)

If you find that it's BT taper tooling you need, I have these two I am going to get rid of, which I believe are BT taper. One is a 1" shell/face mill adaptor and the Techniks is a 3/4 end mill holder.
CWC(4)

Horizontal Mill Arbors, Table Saw, 30 Taper Holders etc 005.jpgHorizontal Mill Arbors, Table Saw, 30 Taper Holders etc 006.jpg

Back