What's new
What's new

Mazak CNC lathe tool blocks and bushings

mattthemuppet

Stainless
picked these up at an auction, in part because I thought the box they were in was smaller than it was :)

Two 1.5" Mazak tool blocks in decent condition, one is missing a screw, the other is missing one of the coolant nozzles. I think they're 84373 models, but can't read the number on top of one of them.
1x MT3, 2x 3/8", 1x 9/16", 1x 3/4", 1x 1" and 2x 1 1/4" bushings. All in decent condition, some dings but clean bore ID/ OD.
$150 for the lot

One 1.5" Mazak tool block in decent condition. Looks a bit ugly, but the important surfaces are in good condition.
2x MT3, 3x 3/4", 6x 1", 9x 1 1/4", 4x 1 1/2" and 6x 1 3/4" bushings, plus one mystery bushing bored out to ~22mm at the flange end and one threaded block (1/2-20?). Some of the bushing faces are a bit dinged up, but some are excellent. As above, bore ID/OD are clean/ ding free.
$150 for the lot

Would be more than happy to make a deal. I've stubbed my toes on these more times than I'd care to over the last few days!

1.5" bore blocks and bushings
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg

If I had to guess, these would fit a Quick turn 35, 40, or slant turn 40. They are machine specific and only fit machines made in that range of years. For the price being offered, I'd be all over these in a heart beat since just one tool block from Mazak is over a grand apiece. And you still have to pay shipping! Even the bushings are over $100 apiece! Used to be a shop near me that had Mazak machines, they are long gone or I would pass this over to them.

If I had to guess, these would fit a Quick turn 35, 40, or slant turn 40. They are machine specific and only fit machines made in that range of years. For the price being offered, I'd be all over these in a heart beat since just one tool block from Mazak is over a grand apiece. And you still have to pay shipping! Even the bushings are over $100 apiece! Used to be a shop near me that had Mazak machines, they are long gone or I would pass this over to them.

thanks for the info, that's much appreciated! The shop had Mazak QTN350, QTN30 and M5U lathes as part of the auction, so it sounds like they would have come off one of the first two. Can't see why they didn't go with them, but that's auctions I guess.

funny thing is I bought the lot because it was a) cheap and b) I wanted a small cart. As often happens with me and auctions, my sense of scale was waaaaaay off :) Still, someone in San Antonio is now the proud owner of a large and very sturdy cart...

These'll probably go up on eBay over the weekend. Any thoughts as to bundling the 2" bushings - would people be more interested in all of one size together or one of each?

Probably one of each. Or bundle a series of different sizes together in one lot. Really hard to say. If you have any 1" in diameter or smaller, I might be interested.

Nothing 1" OD or less, but 1" ID or less there's:

1.5" OD - 2x 3/8", 1x 9/16", 1x 3/4", 1x 1" as well as a MT3 bushing

2" OD - 3x 3/4", 6x 1" as well as two MT3 bushings

no joy on eBay :( so I'll keep dropping the price/ lumping lots together until they either sell or I take them to the scrap yard. If any of this might be useful to you, just make me an offer. I'm very unlikely to say no (unless the offer is I pay you to take 'em off my hands :)).

shoot, I'm sorry, the 1.5" OD bushings have all sold. The two 1.5" bushing tool blocks are still available and there are a bunch of 1.5" ID bushings (2" OD), but I figure you were asking about the 1.5" OD ones :(

Back