What's new
What's new

Milwaukee Tool Porta Band / Band Saw Table with Chain Vise

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
For sale is two Milwaukee Porta-Band / Band Saw Tables with chain vise. Brand new. Never Used. They sell from more than $389.00 to $275.00 and you can save up to $100 for the exact same one. One is open box. Selling each for $195.00 or will sell both for $345.00. Local pickup preferred, but willing to ship. ( mfr part # 48-08-0260 )

Attachments

• IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,530
  • IMG_6429.jpg
    IMG_6429.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,200
  • IMG_6430.jpg
    IMG_6430.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_6431.jpg
    IMG_6431.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 720
Great price. A friend always thought I should have one with a toolpost mount to beat that chicken shit parting off business. :) Nice tool the times I've used them. Still doing parting off though. I like that finish better.

One of the nice things about the Porta-Band saws is that the bi-metal blades are thin (less HP in the cut, faster) and very affordable. If your work is within the envelope, the stand makes them a pretty decent cutting small horizontal.

In addition, it's pretty easy to replace the chain-type vise with a proper vise.

I have to agree they are a nice thing to have around. When either you don't have a drop saw or are working off site.

Did anyone else have to modify the bracket with the 2 setscrews that bare on the upper guard? I had to take almost a 1/4" out of the piece before it wouldn't touch the upper guard (keep in mind, upper guard is mounted to the upper wheel shaft, so if not allowed to float it will reduce tension on the sawband). Modification was needed to mount both a 12+ year old 110VAC Milwaukee deep-cut and a new (at the time) 28VDC deep cut. E-mailed the problem to Milwaukee back in 2011, and never checked to see if they modified the part.

IMAG0085.jpgIMAG0086.jpgIMAG0087.jpg

You can see how much it had to be cut back, used a grinder while trying to keep as close to original surface angle as possible. Still not sure why Milwaukee would want the operator to reduce the blade tension on purpose.

Regards,
Rich C.

2 Milwaukee bandsaw tables

For sale is two Milwaukee Porta-Band / Band Saw Tables with chain vise. Brand new. Never Used. They sell from more than $389.00 to $275.00 and you can save up to $100 for the exact same one. One is open box. Selling each for $195.00 or will sell both for $345.00. Local pickup preferred, but willing to ship. ( mfr part # 48-08-0260 )

Hi!
If I were to purchase these 2 tables, what would be your shipping cost to Kaneohe, Hi. 96744
Thanks

Hi!
If I were to purchase these 2 tables, what would be your shipping cost to Kaneohe, Hi. 96744
Thanks

One year and nine months ago they were sold.

I may have another. I can't recall. I seem to remember tripping over another one while cleaning up the loft, but it was a while ago. I don't charge anything extra for shipping. But I'm guessing that UPS, FedEx, or USPS won't be as kind. You might try their web sites for ideas on costs. I cannot imagine HI being an inexpensive trip.

Back