What's new
What's new

Misc measuring tools, Starrett, Mitutoyo, more

crzypete

Hot Rolled
Some misc items I have kicking around that could use new homes

Starrett inside micrometer set. Two heads. missing the holder and one of the short extensions. Bonus of a 17" and 18" extension which increases the capacity. Condition is pretty good. Some light rust on the two long extensions and everything is etched by a previous owner. $120 shipped in the CONUS

Mitutoyo Indicator set. This thing seems unused. Very clean $70 shipped in the US

Moore and Wright inside gages. A set that allows from 1/16"- 1/2" I hadn't seen these before, pretty cool. The two small kits are the same. SOLD

Pair of dirty mics. the 1-2 says Mitutoyo and the 2-3 looks to be, but is not marked. thimble is identical on both. $25 for the pair shipped in the US

Pics are going to take up a couple of posts.

misc-measure - 6.jpg

misc-measure - 7.jpg

misc-measure - 1.jpg

misc-measure - 2.jpg

misc-measure - 3.jpg

I have a set of those Moore & Wright small hole gauges and there's just one frustrating feature to them. You'd use them just the way you'd use other small hole or telescoping gauges by fitting them to the hole, then measuring over them with a mic. The aggravating part is that the "feel" is very different. The hard, chromed balls have very little friction in the test hole or between the mic anvils. I found if I planned to use them I'd have to find a hole of a known size to sort of re-calibrate my fingers before I could have confidence in the measurement. Otherwise, they're clever and handsome tools to have and go down to smaller diameters than anything else handy.

Hey @crazypete

Just wondering if both tiny sets of hole gauges got sold? I have a larger set but the small ones are pretty hard to find...

Kindest Regards,

Del

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah ok. Thanks for letting me know. @awander, would you be willing to release one of the micro sets? AA-DD? No pressure, but I figured it was worth asking. Cheers, Delalio.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back