What's new
What's new

Mititoyo .8" to 2" Digital hole gauge

hddriver1

Plastic
Hey all,
So I'm thinking of selling my inside digital hole gauge and looking for an opinion on what would be a reasonable price to ask. I know a new one is in the $3,600.00 range. This one is in very good shape, has the port plug in back and is IN/MM. I'll post a few pics so folks have an idea. Never dropped and never abused. Will not be sold on eBay.

DSCN1796.jpgThanks

If I were you I would just check completed sales on E-bay and go from there. On the other hand as a rule of thumb, inspection equipment in pristine shape will go for about 50% of new retail on average.

If I were you I would just check completed sales on E-bay and go from there. On the other hand as a rule of thumb, inspection equipment in pristine shape will go for about 50% of new retail on average.

I've looked on eBay and all that I have seen sold or for sale are partial kits and none like this one. Partials are listing from $700.00 up to $1,700.00 and all are missing items. I would rather sell it a machinist who will use it than some one from eBay looking to turn it around for a fast buck. I purchased this when i was an active machinist, it's the last item I have to sell and was holding off in the hope of not having to sell it. But needs must when the devil drives. I think everyone has their favorite tool they would never want to part with and this is mine. By selling it I am saying my machining days are pretty much done.

I've looked on eBay and all that I have seen sold or for sale are partial kits and none like this one. Partials are listing from $700.00 up to $1,700.00 and all are missing items. I would rather sell it a machinist who will use it than some one from eBay looking to turn it around for a fast buck. I purchased this when i was an active machinist, it's the last item I have to sell and was holding off in the hope of not having to sell it. But needs must when the devil drives. I think everyone has their favorite tool they would never want to part with and this is mine. By selling it I am saying my machining days are pretty much done. Also I am hoping to get around $2,200.00 for it but I am also looking for input on a fair price to ask. I paid more than what I am thinking of asking for it. Guess it just depends on one persons value against another and I know emotional attachment is stupid, but it's there.

Also I am hoping to get around $2,200.00 for it but I am also looking for input on a fair price to ask. I paid more than what I am thinking of asking for it. Guess it just depends on one persons value against another and I know emotional attachment is stupid, but it's there.
Items sold on PM tend to be listed below ebay market value which helps out fellow board members buying the stuff and the seller doesn't have to pay commission fees.

Throw a dollar figure on your gage and go from there. If you are too high, the gage will obviously not sell and you can reduce the price at a later date or try elsewhere.

I think the Mitutoyo set you have is nice, but I already have a bunch of Etalons so no use for me.

Price point on these for re sale would be about $1300 - $1800 of you actual want to sell them .

Price point on these for re sale would be about $1300 - $1800 of you actual want to sell them .

It does say I'm hoping to get which does kind of leave it open for offers. It sells then it sells. It doesn't sell then it goes on eBay. The best thing about eBay listing is everyone I've seen is missing parts, which this one isn't. But I can say I'm not asking what I paid for it. Less actually.

Then sell it on eBay and get more money for it haha . Pay the fees and if you a new eBay account wait a month to get your money. One thing you will learn about eBay it’s all about timing .

Then sell it on eBay and get more money for it haha . Pay the fees and if you a new eBay account wait a month to get your money. One thing you will learn about eBay it’s all about timing .

+1. Ebay buyers are cheap, PM buyers are cheaper, To maximize your sale price, Ebay is the place to advertise it, the wider exposure there produces results. The PITA factor is just part of the price you pay to play there.

Is there just one head for all sizes? If so, how do you reset? What battery does it take?

As the one fellow said. One reader with multiple heads that can be changed out. That's why there is 3 test rings. You use those to set the micrometer. I think the battery is 357. It's a small button battery. It has a couple extra batteries with it. For everyone giving me crap over eBay I am fully aware of how the place works. I've sold a number of items there.
i put its up here because
i want someone who will use it and not pay out the backside for it if I listed it there. And as I mentioned once before I'm asking less for it than I paid so that seems to me like I am "cutting a break" already.

Back