What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo Gauge Block set

Dephiobi1

Plastic
Hi everyone, I’ve just signed up to the forum.
I’m in the middle of clearing out my late grandfathers workshop and have come across a lot of machining tooling etc.

One item is this gauge block set. Can anyone tell me the value of it?
Or even make me an offer if it’s of interest to anyone

Thanks

FFCBB102-962D-4949-A8BD-8B0FD31EA6D0.jpg29D61101-6BA2-4126-8B6B-BE6E46021EF2.jpg

I see some similar ones have sold on eBay for 75-100 dollars, less fees would put the value around 65-90 bucks. I saw some others That were in the several hundreds but they were different types. That would be my guess.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That’s why I was curious. I’ve seen some selling for upwards of 2000. The same make (Mitutoyo)

That’s why I was curious. I’ve seen some selling for upwards of 2000. The same make (Mitutoyo)

Those would probably be carbide or ceramic blocks that sell for big money. What color are yours, can't really tell in the pic. Are they a silver color (steel, standard stuff), dark kind of shiny grey (carbide worth alot more), or white (ceramic, the best of the lot depending on your needs). Also if they are carbide the box will feel heavier than it should if you are not used/don't know what carbide is.

I'm guessing that by the look of them they are an imperial set? If they were metric they will command a higher price in the UK. I might be interested in a metric set.

If they were new, in a sealed package with certs, maybe in the $2K range. Used, complete and undamaged, in the $150 range.

And, if rusty or scratched up, worthless. The picture of the outside of the box and label indicates the set was not carefully stored.

I looked in a Mitutoyo catalog published in 2000. At that time, catalog number 516-904-22 was an 81 piece steel inch set, grade B. The picture of the box label shows cat. 516-904-11 was grade 2, so it is probably several decades old and in very doubtful condition.

Larry

Back