What's new
What's new

WTB Regal 15 carriage stop

jeffk7

Plastic
I am looking for a micrometer carriage stop for a 15 inch Leblond Regal Servoshift machine (15C5).

I'm not sure what this one is from. Can anyone help with the ID?

microstop.jpg

jeffk7 what do you think?

Andy

Andy:
Not sure about the micrometer carriage stop but that is "rathole" money for sure---I can tell by the double fold and it had to be slid back under one of the folds on a trifold wallet.
Looks like my "rathole" money --only yours is a larger dead President.

I'm sure this is a LeBlond mic stop, but probably too big for a 15"(anybody know what size this would fit??)
Anyway, $50 plus shipping
Ted
[email protected]

Attachments

• LeBlondMicStop1.jpg
    LeBlondMicStop1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 230
  • LeBlondMicStop2.jpg
    LeBlondMicStop2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 296
Here are some pictures of mine. THe lathe is a 1974 15" Servo Shift Regal
Greg

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 364
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 299
Leblond 15" Micrometer Stop

Thanks guys - I found a SB carriage stop that I can steal the micrometer portion from and then manufacture a mount for the Leblond.

The Leblond photo helps as well - appreciate it.

If in the meantime something shows up I will still have a look.

-JK-

Offering a word of suggestion here. My 15" Leblond came with a shop-made carriage stop and an aftermarket micrometer / turret stop.

My experience in attempting to use the carriage stop in production jobs is that the polished tool steel insert ways on this lathe are so slippery, the stop just cannot be tightened enough to stay put. The slightest bump and it moves a few tenths. I couldn't trust it.

The indicator holder, for what I do, is far more useful. I'll usually set it so the pointer is crossing zero after one full turn. Easy to watch it approach, disengage the feed and ease up to zero.

I can see where some work would just plain go faster, or be more accurate, with a hard stop. If it ever matters here, I'll have to make one that's beefy enough to stay put.

Back