What's new
What's new

Monarch C part out

Mr.Green

Cast Iron
This lathe was rolled over and unfortunately its fate is now as parts machine.

Please contact me with any parts request and I will do my best to send pictures and pull parts in a timely manner.

You can call or text me, or send message here.

Darcy
[email protected]
c6ce8b1ad7e289906b7389c012ab16d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

:nono: Why? It looks like new (or brazed) handles would fix it right up? Did the feed rod get snapped also? I would at least add a price for what you want for the whole machine.

Why? It looks like new (or brazed) handles would fix it right up?
You can buy the whole thing and take the financial burden on yourself, or maybe just go with the fact I spent about 16 hours investigating what it needed and that its not really economically feasible for me to do so.

This lathe is from this thread:
Monarch C, rigger roll over

Spindle was turning hard, not sure if he figured out why.
I believe it is bent, but to actually determine anything I would have to spend a decent amount having handles brazed just to turn it on. Several other things had be altered/removed at some point and its not a project I have the time to deal with.

Figured that I would at least be able to help others get a few machines complete/running with parts.

If it turns into a bunch of pissing over it, I will just save a bunch of time and haul it to scrap like it is.

A little sensitive there fella... Could have just stated that in the first post - and the link from tex wouldn't have hurt either. You might just find someone who would go for that, which is why I mentioned adding a price for the whole machine... Can't hurt, right?

I guess I am just sad to see another one bite the dust... These are some of my favorite old lathes.

P.S. Thanks for the link tg.

A little sensitive there fella... Could have just stated that in the first post - and the link from tex wouldn't have hurt either. You might just find someone who would go for that, which is why I mentioned adding a price for the whole machine... Can't hurt, right?
Not sensitive, just not much patience for the peanut gallery. Honestly, I hate trying to part out or sell whole machines cheaply, all you do is answer 100s of questions for no actual outcome. Have a couple 10k pound sanders going to the scrap yard for that exact reason.

Just trying to help, no need to get all worked up...

I tend to treat fellow members here as friends, I have seen over the years that's not how everyone does things. Friendly advice is not meant to insult you...:)

Here are pics of the oil caps I mentioned, the one still has the rivet that would need to have a head drilled off. I havnt tried to remove these but suspect they are just pressed in.
edit:
These are wrong pics :nutter: I couldn't figure out how to delete them.... Correct pics in next post.

Attachments

• P1060469.jpg
    P1060469.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 40
  • P1060471.jpg
    P1060471.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 40
  • P1060476.jpg
    P1060476.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 40
I am interested in the tailstock lock clamp assuming it's 1/2-13 or bigger and no other Monarch owners need one. (I want it for to replace the busted one on my Sidney)

I am interested in a couple things for my 18"CBB if they are the same which they appear to be. I could use the small square shaped access cover that goes on the cover over the belts and clutch area and also the rectangular shaped cover on the back side of the machine that covers the electric motor area. Can take some pictures later as I am not home at the moment. I also could use the shift lever that is located below the oil cap that someone mentioned on the left side of the machine as mine has been repaired.

Thanks,
Jeff

P.S. Does anyone have any thoughts as to if the taper attachment from this lathe would fit my
18"CBB? Just curious. Would love to have one on mine.

Back