What's new
What's new

monarch series 60 oversized steady rest

idacal

Hot Rolled
Im looking for a monarch oversized steady rest for the 16" machine with 20.5 swing I need it to hold at least 11" stock didn't know if someone has one kicking around

Im looking for a monarch oversized steady rest for the 16" machine with 20.5 swing I need it to hold at least 11" stock didn't know if someone has one kicking around

My 20" Series 60 with 23" swing came with a steady that is only 6" bar capacity. I'm pretty curious why they are so small.

Anyway, I didnt expect to ever find one to buy, and I've seen some fabricated ones that work ok, so my plan was to just weld one up eventually when I need it.

But, if there is an oversize one for a 20" machine, I'd be interested in that as well.

My Series 61 Monarch that swings 18.5" was built with a 5" steady rest. After a conversation with Monarch, nothing was available bigger. They'll make you one, but I guarantee you won't like the price. Fabricating a new one is what I'm currently doing for my 1957 lathe.

Here is a hefty if crude fabbed up one with its cast brother on an old 22" Model X L&S

Attachments

• Nice Fabbed Steady on LS 22.jpg
    Nice Fabbed Steady on LS 22.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77

Back