What's new
What's new

monarch steady rest

Buster,
I have a monarch Steady Rest that measures 8" to center line. Really nice shape but I think it is for a 16" Model K. The CY might swing 18-1/2" and have a much wider bed. Not sure so look at the pics. 400.00+ actual shipping.
spaeth

Attachments

• DSCN2716.jpg
    DSCN2716.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN2719.jpg
    DSCN2719.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2720.jpg
    DSCN2720.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2717.jpg
    DSCN2717.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2718.jpg
    DSCN2718.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 39
don't think your steady rest will work. on my bed, from the top of the v way to the center of the flat way on the other side measures app 8 1/2 inches. from the flat on the bed is app 9 inches to the center of the chuck. thanks for checking anyway. I know this is going to be next to impossible to find a steady rest for this lathe.

don't think your steady rest will work. on my bed, from the top of the v way to the center of the flat way on the other side measures app 8 1/2 inches. from the flat on the bed is app 9 inches to the center of the chuck. thanks for checking anyway. I know this is going to be next to impossible to find a steady rest for this lathe.

They are out there. Just be patient. I have one that got bored out to a larger than normal ID so i too am looking for one. Good luck

Buster,
I have a monarch Steady Rest that measures 8" to center line. Really nice shape but I think it is for a 16" Model K. The CY might swing 18-1/2" and have a much wider bed. Not sure so look at the pics. 400.00+ actual shipping.
spaeth

Still for sale? PM Sent. (PM sent but when I go to sent messages it doesn't display).

If it's still for sale please indicate yes here and I'll figure out some way outside of PM to get in touch. Thanks!

Last edited:
Monarch Steady Rest

Bill,
I did receive both of your PM's and replied with weight and shipping cost as well as my contact info. I had been away until Tuesday.
Thanks
spaeth

Still for sale? PM Sent. (PM sent but when I go to sent messages it doesn't display).

If it's still for sale please indicate yes here and I'll figure out some way outside of PM to get in touch. Thanks!

This nice Monarch Steady Rest has found a new home, and is leaving the Keystone State heading to the Lone Star State.
Thank you
spaeth

Back