What's new
What's new

Moore jig borer tooling

kqua

Aluminum
I just brought home a Moore #2 jig borer. Runs great, but, I don't have any tooling. Supposedly the guy I got it from has retrieved a !/2" collet holder and 'maybe' a drill chuck. So, I'm looking for tooling- mostly collets and drill chucks vs boring heads. I'm new to jig borers, so don't really know what I'll need. But, I'm really excited about using it. So, if anyone has tooling, let me know.
Thanks.

I have a 3/8 Jacobs chuck on a Moore shank, shank is worn, chuck seems nice, no key. $35 delivered flat rate.

I just brought home a Moore #2 jig borer. Runs great, but, I don't have any tooling. Supposedly the guy I got it from has retrieved a !/2" collet holder and 'maybe' a drill chuck. So, I'm looking for tooling- mostly collets and drill chucks vs boring heads. I'm new to jig borers, so don't really know what I'll need. But, I'm really excited about using it. So, if anyone has tooling, let me know.
Thanks.

You're going to like your #2. I use mine a lot more than I thought I would. Bought it locally on a whim when I was looking for a drill press, thinking to use it for that, but find I use boring heads more than drill chucks. It's a joy to use.

Over the years I've accumulated a bunch of tooling some of which is excess to my needs. I need to go through it and do an inventory so the extras can go to good homes. Been meaning to for several years, but am tied up for the moment and perhaps weeks to come, but if you'll gently bug me from time to time I'll get to it eventually. Please note that while I lurk here at least weekly I often don't bother to log in to see private messages, so a delay in response is sloth not rudness.

-Steve M.

Ghent, thanks, I'll think about it, depends upon what I get from the guy I bought it from. And Steve, I very much look forward to hearing what you have for extra tooling, I will gently bug you.
Keith

Back