What's new
What's new

Need help identifying this

endgrainandiron

Plastic
I am new to machining and I bought a large machining lot tools and tooling. So far I have been able to identify everything except this. I don’t know what it is, if it’s worth hanging onto or selling. Let me know what you think it could be or it’s purpose. Thanks I’m advance.
89ec3320b358a983a6302fc4fffb157a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a very anemic magnetic transfer block/parallel for surface grinders.

I assume that the silver colored inserts are not magnets. If they're, and they don't penetrate the whole thickness, then it's something different, possibly a DIY magnetic vise jaw/non-marring jaw pad or magnetic vise parallel (in which case penetration of the magnets won't matter).

It would be easier to ID if you show the opposite side,thickness and approximate dimensions.

Fishing lure?

Calibrated beer foam scraper?

You could turn it into a perpetual motion device, by engraving "See Other Side" on both sides...

You could do a lot worse than to provide, for example, some context as to what the shop it came from did, some dimensions, and some more pictures, so as to show thickness, what's on the other side, etc....

I would guess the steel pins weren't equally spaced to give a quick orientation if used as a stop or spacer....or its a rare domino

Back