What's new
What's new

New Kennametal Indexable Drills, Boring Bars, Tool Holders, Kitagawa Power Chuck

teemfan93

Cast Iron
I bought a few cabinets that had some tooling in them for my shop from a local auction. This is the stuff that is too big for what I have any use for so I plan to sell some of it to recoup some of the cost. I wasn't sure where to price some of this stuff so if I'm off in left field let me know, I'll consider offers. Shipping not included in the price.

I'm happy to take any more photos you might need.

Kennametal 1527698 - Indexable Drill, holder is marked .8125", this add I found says 20.6mm. Maybe it measures .811 and cuts .8125? If anyone has any experience I'm happy to hear it.

1527698 - KENNAMETAL(R) - Indexable Insert Drill - Dft0813r2ssf100 Drill-Fix™ Index Drill Body

I think I have 5 of these. 3 are new and in good shape, one is new with some slight oxidation on the shank (very minor, happy to take a picture) and the other looks like it was used. I've included a photo of the new one as well as the tip of the one that appears to have been used. These seem to list for $440 most places, for the new ones I'll start at $200, oxidized one $180, and used $150.

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

Next is a kennametal lathe tool holder. DCLNR-164D-KC3 ND4

DCLNR164DKC3

This is new, I have one of these. Asking $45

IMG_0013.jpgIMG_0015.jpg

Kennametal 1527558, DFT1000L2SSF150.

I can't find any info on this drill. It appears to be a 1" indexable drill, but searching both part numbers yields nothing. I will probably call kennametal sometime to see if they can give me any information on it.

I did find a very similar part number, so I am thinking now this is a left hand drill, based on the L vs. R in the part numbers:

DFT1000R2SSF150

I have three of these, all new. I think 2 have the torx bit with them while 1 does not. Asking $250 for the ones with the torx bit, $240 for the one without.

IMG_0016.jpgIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0032.jpg

Another lathe tool holder, DVONR163DKC3. This one is new, specs can be found here:

DVONR163DKC3

Asking $50 for this one.

IMG_0026.jpgIMG_0028.jpg

Next are kennametal boring bars. I have two of these. Part number is A16TSDXCL3

A16TSDXCL3

Both of these are new. I'm asking $60 each

IMG_0039 (1).jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Last is a kitagawa power chuck. Asking $250 for this.

The chuck is a kitagawa bt208. Specs for it can be found here: Kitagawa BT208 2-Jaw Open Centre Power Chuck | Kitagawa

I've got another thread on this so I can't post the same pictures, but I won't bump it to avoid clutter and can send the photos to anyone interested.

Prices too high? What about %15 off any price I have listed?

Actually list for one of the drills at MSC (which are notorious for overcharging, than "discounting") is $470, so I expect you could get that for $350. You probably need to be about half of new retail. I realize these are "new" but if I (or anyone) buys from you and there is a defect we have little recourse, where if you buy new (not every place of course) and a pocket blows out on the first day you might be able to get a refund or replacement. Hence why buying from an individual needs to be at 50% at most IMO.

Just my opinion. Possible just the right people haven't seen your posts... :o

hate to tell you this, yes the full ride on the DFT drills is pretty steep, but if ya check out the few that are on ebay, they go for about $100 or less if they have a KM shank. Great drills, but I would never buy one at MSC prices or anything close, and I use them frequently.

No hard feelings, I know how MSC can be crazy on the mark up and usually try to price things accordingly.

Hopefully anyone interested reads this far down, but take 50% off the drill prices and say 25% off the lathe tools. See if that moves anything, if not I'll take some to ebay.

See my listing for inserts and if they fit any of your tools, maybe we can get someone to buy them together.

Steve

Back