What's new
What's new

Nikken NX4 CAT50 Spindle Speeder spinner 10,000RPM (CAT50U-NX4) with 7 collets

Dope

Cast Iron
This is a Nikken CAT50U-NX4 Spindle Speeder that I picked up at an industrial auction but decided against using it. It has an integral CAT50 shank with a pull stud included in the box. This speed increaser has an SK16 collet chuck on it and includes 7 collets with it (1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and two 13mm holders [one of which was being used for 1/2" end mills]). I picked this up at an industrial auction and changed my mind about using it. No idea what these are worth so I'm going to say $1500. Make me an offer.

gu5P4Cp.jpg

QyKBVQW.jpg

jU2NYOK.jpg

lJjFBJq.jpg

DZdPD6i.jpg

Location is 46041.

Dope

Last edited:
I can't edit the original post, but I'm dropping the price from $1500 to $1000. Free shipping.

Okay, any takers for $500? These things are almost $3000 new from Lyndex.

What's the ratio? Is 10k the max out or the max input RPM?

Is the mounting lug down in the box somewhere?

What's the ratio? Is 10k the max out or the max input RPM?

Is the mounting lug down in the box somewhere?

I believe that NX4 denotes a 4:1 ratio, they also sell an NX5 which is 5:1. 10k is the maximum output RPM.

There's a pull stud but I'm not sure what you mean by the mounting lug, do you know what it looks like? I picked this up for a project to adapt it to an old low-speed horizontal mill but I ended up never using it.

That's what it looked like, but I was hoping maybe it was 10K input 4x ratio.

There's a lug that you mount onto the headstock of the machine you're going to run this in. They're all a little bit unique, but basically a taper guides the rod into a close size socket. The lug is shaped so it somehow disengages a brake or anti-rotation device when it's in the spindle. You can make one easy enough, but it helps to know what the manufacturer had in mind.

If I didn't have a 10k Cat50 machine I'd be all over that for $500.

That looks like it's had all the spring loaded parts removed to be used only on a manual machine.
It's not often you see collets that big in a speeder, that must be a rugged one. FWIW $500 is about the right price for a speeder these days.

Back