What's new
What's new

nissan300ztt - failed deal

Marty Feldman

Titanium
This is simply a factual report on a recent transaction with nissan300ztt. He offered for sale here on 3/22/15 a 3-4" mic. By both a post to his thread and by PM to him, I said I would take it. We traded several PMs about the transaction, he quoted the total including shipping to Maine, and I told him I would mail him a check. I mailed him a check yesterday, as I told him I would do. This morning he informed me by PM, without further comment or apology, that the mic has already been sold.
-Marty-

Guess you would know since you just mailed the check to put a stop on it thru the bank ASAP!!!

My guess is that the stop payment will cost almost as much as the $35 plus shipping he paid for the mic.

On the bright side, it will cause the check to bounce on his end and maybe the seller will incur fees for that.

Steve

Hey guys. I drive truck, so my wife only knows I had it posted locally. She did NOT know it was posted here. When I walked in the day he told me he would buy the item, she informed me that it was already sold. I sent that the night before he would have mailed the check. I will return the check return to sender. I do apologize about this, but cross posting items is not against the TOS. When im on the road I do NOT always have service so I am unable to receive text messages, some of my job sites are deep in the works working on frack pads. So please dont think less of me because I was unaware of a transaction that happened while I was not home.

Hey guys. I drive truck, so my wife only knows I had it posted locally. She did NOT know it was posted here. When I walked in the day he told me he would buy the item, she informed me that it was already sold. I sent that the night before he would have mailed the check. I will return the check return to sender. I do apologize about this, but cross posting items is not against the TOS. When im on the road I do NOT always have service so I am unable to receive text messages, some of my job sites are deep in the works working on frack pads. So please dont think less of me because I was unaware of a transaction that happened while I was not home.

This story sounds odd. :confused:

Did your wife try to text you she had a buyer on CL? Did you try to text her you made a deal, accepted payment via mail and ask her to take down or edit the CL ad? Who posted the ad--you or your wife?

The cost of the mic is not really the issue. This story to me should serve as a caution to both buyer and seller on here. This is not the first time this has happened over an item which was also listed off the board, but not stated up front. It gets really ugly when the item is a large purchase (say a lathe).

I wouldn't send someone on here a check that wasn't a regular....For any amount.

That being said, I wouldn't immediately nail the guy to a cross either. I would simply ask if he could mail back the check and see what happens.

People still use checks? Why would you send a stranger a form of payment that has your bank account into printed on it? I would never do that.

I wouldn't send someone on here a check that wasn't a regular....For any amount.

That being said, I wouldn't immediately nail the guy to a cross either. I would simply ask if he could mail back the check and see what happens.

I agree, no one has been screwed yet.
One question is why do you send a stranger a check?
Why not use paypal or google wallet?

I was the one who posted the AD, but in trucking loads change in a moments notice. As I said I deliver parts and supplies to fracking pads. And some of those pads are miles from any form of communication, yeah they have computers which I am not allowed to use. My cell phone doesnt always have service. It just happened to be that the item was sold before Marty and I agreed to make purchase, my wife did NOT know I had this post up on this forum. I never intended to screw over anyone. Like I said when the check arrives I will mark return to sender on the envelope and he will get his check back.

You do realize it is still listed as for sale on craigslist don't you? Might want to update your ad to note that it has been sold.

I was the one who posted the AD, but in trucking loads change in a moments notice. As I said I deliver parts and supplies to fracking pads. And some of those pads are miles from any form of communication, yeah they have computers which I am not allowed to use. My cell phone doesnt always have service. It just happened to be that the item was sold before Marty and I agreed to make purchase, my wife did NOT know I had this post up on this forum. I never intended to screw over anyone. Like I said when the check arrives I will mark return to sender on the envelope and he will get his check back.

Back