What's new
What's new

Norton grinding wheels F/S

batw

Cast Iron
Norton grinding wheels 32A60- K5VBE 4"x1/4"x3/4" New old stock.
i have 140 wheels in boxes of 20 i want 60.00 plus ship per box unless you want to buy all boxes we can do something with the shipping.

thanks al

Bob and Dave i received your pm. postal MO will be fine i have to weigh the boxes and check with the PO first. will get back to you. al

Dave and Bob i received your checks just last week.
I had specified that a postal money order would be fine as i trust them fully.
instead you send me a money gram and a cashiers check neither of which i am familiar with.
i will not deal with these so there fore i am returning them to you.
as for the grinding wheels to eliminate any further aggravation they are gone i have donated them to a trade school i'm sure they will appreciate them.
thank you paul

Yeah!

He forgot to mention what I learned and mentioned to him, getting a postal money order required a debit card and a pin. Which I don't have. I did try my local grocery chain as recommended by the post office, they had the same rule but they would accept cash too. And I didn't have enough of that right then, I'd need to go to my bank for more. Figured if I had to go to the bank, why not just get the money order from them. And they called it a money order, ok, it's not the post office but it's a money order. Actually had to leave my town and go to the neighboring larger town for that.

Guess I should have followed my instinct when I learned what I learned at the post office and just dropped it right then and there. But I had made a commitment and felt I needed to try to fulfill that. This adventure has just knocked down that feeling a couple notches. I think Dave and I put way more effort into consummating this deal than Paul. I know I did.

Instead of coming back at me acting like an 18 year old millennial and trying to impress everyone how difficult it is to acquire a postal money order i to wished you had dropped it .
i have never had or known anyone to have had difficulty getting a postal m.o.
as far as a commitment goes all you had to do was just send a p.m. saying you couldn't get one believe me there would not have been a problem
i guess you should follow your instinct in the future, your checks were mailed this am.
i did follow my instincts

The cashiers check would be cleared in most any bank ASAP, almost as good as real cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The cashiers check would be cleared in most any bank ASAP, almost as good as real cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's exactly what my bank told me when I bought it. Further research now ocnfirms that the cashier's check is the nearest thing to cash there is. It's drawn on the bank, not the individual. The payer gives money to the bank, and the bank gives their money to the payee. Why somebody would balk at that is beyond me.

When did you mail my cashier's check back, so I can watch for it? (edit: just re-read that you mailed them this morning.)

Dave

Wow!

Instead of coming back at me acting like an 18 year old millennial and trying to impress everyone how difficult it is to acquire a postal money order

Character assassination now. Sad really.

i have never had or known anyone to have had difficulty getting a postal m.o.

Exactly why I pointed the difficulty out to you in a pm when I sent it and with the letter included with the money order. I'd not bought one for decades, so I didn't have any idea of their policy. Guess I figured once you knew the policy and my problem adhering to it you'd accept the same as from a bank. Funny it took Dave pinging you, pretty sure you sat on mine for a week with no indication from you that you had concerns.

Regards
Bob

Actually cashiers checks are one of the biggest fraud items. And most online marketplaces state not to use them. I got burned by s fraudulent cashiers checkr, cleared my bank, they said it was as good as gold, their exact words. 2 months later it comes back fraudulent and I'm out a bunch of money. I do not take them myself, and recommend no one does. That being said sounds like there is some other issues going on here.

When did these rules on USPS money orders change? I think I must have at least bought one in the last couple years and I just paid cash for it. Pretty sure all post offices have the same rules. I wonder why the new rules, were people using them to launder money? I think the last time I used a money order was buying something here. Most times my PM purchases have been with someone who takes Paypal, which I probably have used a couple hundred times buying and selling and never had an issue.

When did these rules on USPS money orders change? I think I must have at least bought one in the last couple years and I just paid cash for it. Pretty sure all post offices have the same rules. I wonder why the new rules, were people using them to launder money? I think the last time I used a money order was buying something here. Most times my PM purchases have been with someone who takes Paypal, which I probably have used a couple hundred times buying and selling and never had an issue.
I can only guess that guy was trying with a credit card as he doesn't have a debit and not enough cash in pocket. Thus the trip to the bank and different mo/cashiers check whatever.

Everything can be faked, but faking a postal MO will get you federal attention tout de suite so almost nobody will mess with it.

All that said someone faking any form of payment for 20 bucks for grinding wheels is a really remote chance situation. But OP said postal MO, that's his way, that's OK.

I can only guess that guy was trying with a credit card as he doesn't have a debit and not enough cash in pocket. Thus the trip to the bank and different mo/cashiers check whatever.

Everything can be faked, but faking a postal MO will get you federal attention tout de suite so almost nobody will mess with it.

All that said someone faking any form of payment for 20 bucks for grinding wheels is a really remote chance situation. But OP said postal MO, that's his way, that's OK.

well said and for the record the total price was 76.00 for the box of 20

i did specify postal m.o., i have been burnt before but never with a postal m.o..
when you have reading comprehension problems it should not be my problem.

i like postal m.o. because the feds will get involved and they do not lose.
it is my choice and if they didn't like it they didn't have to comply with it

one other thing the price is cheap protection with a money order a lot better and cheaper than the bank, had a dispute with a purchase out of state for 650.00 and tried to get visa debit to cancel pymt. they said it would take 45 days.

You never know. A cashier at the local country store said there was someone that had passed fake $1 bills at a couple places. I was shocked when I heard fake $5 bills were going around here a couple years ago. Risking Federal prison to defraud a mom & pop store out of a six pack and a bag of chips doesn't seem that bright to me.

what was not pointed out earlier there were 2 requests for 2 boxes of wheels at 76.00 a piece including shipping 150.00 total

from 2 gentlemen with zip codes so close i made me think they were neighbors yes i was concerned especially when both of them sent me what i did not ask for

Back