What's new
What's new

NOS: Vintage Armstrong Threading Tools

ArmstrongTools

Plastic
Armstrong Bros. Tool Company Chicago 1954

Vintage NOS (New Old Stock) Brand new in original packaging with original grease. New, Never Used, hasn't been opened in 70 years! Used for Machinist in Metal Lathe or Metal Turning

Spring Threading Tool Holder (gooseneck) No. S-51 w/ High Speed Cutter and Forged Wrench
Size of Shank: 1/2" x 1 1/8" x 6 1/2"
Size of Cutter: 1/4" square
Asking $100 each/obo, I have 2 of them total.

Spring Threading Tool Holder (gooseneck) No. S-52 w/ High Speed Cutter and Forged Wrench
Size of Shank: 5/8" x 1 3/8" x 7 1/2"
Size of Cutter: 5/16" square
Asking $100 each/obo, I have 9 of them total.

Pick up in Orange, California or shipped.
Text preferred, call if necessary
9 4 9 4 6 8 0 0 3 1

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/d/orange-vintage-armstrong-metal-lathe/7272385375.html

Armstrong Bros. Tool Company Chicago 1954

Vintage NOS (New Old Stock) Brand new in original packaging with original grease. New, Never Used, hasn't been opened in 70 years! Used for Machinist in Metal Lathe or Metal Turning

Spring Threading Tool Holder (gooseneck) No. S-51 w/ High Speed Cutter and Forged Wrench
Size of Shank: 1/2" x 1 1/8" x 6 1/2"
Size of Cutter: 1/4" square
Asking $100 each/obo, I have 2 of them total.

Spring Threading Tool Holder (gooseneck) No. S-52 w/ High Speed Cutter and Forged Wrench
Size of Shank: 5/8" x 1 3/8" x 7 1/2"
Size of Cutter: 5/16" square
Asking $100 each/obo, I have 9 of them total.

Pick up in Orange, California or shipped.
Text preferred, call if necessary
9 4 9 4 6 8 0 0 3 1

Vintage Armstrong Metal Lathe Spring Threading Tool no. S-52 - tools...

So your asking the same price here, as well as craigslist ?

Man, if that’s actually the price old Armstrong holders are getting, I’m glad I chucked mine into the back of a cubbyhole and not the scrap heap.

L7

Or maybe threads such as this, should be deleted ASAP and the posters IP address banned?

Yeah, maybe they should, but that wasn't the point raised before, was it?

If the guy logged in here for the sole purpose of pumping his wares, he has other problems to deal with.

Was just sayin' that there ain't no such rule, and maybe the price is just what is...

Man, if that’s actually the price old Armstrong holders are getting, I’m glad I chucked mine into the back of a cubbyhole and not the scrap heap.

L7

WTF?

Learnt how NOT to single-point thread on one of those abominations. Good outcome was I then HAD to learn HOW to do that the proper way.

Given they weren't worth the least fraction of a damn in 1960 for their intended purpose? Mind, it were in mild steel, not plastics nor shiney-wood.

Why would one REALLY expect that to have improved off the back of merely aging them in waxed paper in pasteboard boxes?

Surely would not expect any greater success than turning urine back into beer just because it had sat 67 years in a covered Dixie cup.

:(

Did I forget to say "WTF?"

WTF!

L7

I have them new in the box...I have both Armstrong and Williams.. I bought them on Ebay years ago for peanuts when the kiddies got the idea that only Aloris tools work anymore.....I have ones I don't use and ones I do... Hope my wife doesn't find out what the asking price is or I won't have lathe tools anymore.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Back