What's new
What's new

Old Wellsaw Band Saw parts

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
We had an old small Wellsaw band saw years ago that ended up in the scrap pile when I was still a kid. I don't remember what model it was, just that it was smaller, and it had a spur gear driven drum (because the teeth on the drum were wore out, sending the saw to the pile). My dad saved some pieces off of the saw and they've been on the shelf ever since. We'll never use them though, so if someone recognizes the stuff and can put a model on the saw, or a price on the parts, we can keep these last pieces off of the pile as well. I remember it being a small saw, with aprox. 12" diameter drums. It had a hydraulic assist, but I'm not sure if it was original or added on.

We have the vise jaws and clamping screw, the blade guide arm assemblies (made of aluminum), the material stop, and a vertical saw attachment table (which I think was kinda interesting). If there are any dimensions that would help identify the parts, or maybe see if they will fit other saws, let me know and I'll post them.

20200629_094847.jpg
20200629_094856.jpg
20200629_094905.jpg
20200629_094912.jpg

What are you looking to do with the parts? I have an old Wells saw that I still use that has identical looking features. The hydraulic assist would have been original, as mine has it as well. The threaded rod on vise wheel should be a buttress thread.
The only problem I have on mine, is the half nut that the Buttress tread tightens against (bronze) is worn and the threads jump over one another if I'm not careful.
When I first got mine (used) years ago, I was able to get a parts list and manual of sorts from Wells, who was still in business at the time. Not sure if they're still around or not.
I can send or post pictures of my saw if you wish.
CWC(4)

What are you looking to do with the parts? I have an old Wells saw that I still use that has identical looking features. The hydraulic assist would have been original, as mine has it as well. The threaded rod on vise wheel should be a buttress thread.
The only problem I have on mine, is the half nut that the Buttress tread tightens against (bronze) is worn and the threads jump over one another if I'm not careful.
When I first got mine (used) years ago, I was able to get a parts list and manual of sorts from Wells, who was still in business at the time. Not sure if they're still around or not.
I can send or post pictures of my saw if you wish.
CWC(4)
I'm looking for a new home for these parts, so if you think they'll work on yours, message me your address and I'll see what shipping will be. The vise half-nut looks pretty worn however, but It may still have some life in it.

I'll take a long shot. Zip is 64131, Kansas City. Using the pallet for scale, the blade roller support arms look correct for my Model 8M. Won't be back to building until Saturday 16 July, unless there is pressure to be rid of parts sooner. Based on the arms, I'd take the whole bundle.
I'd know more, it's a project. Machine isn't a basket, just a few iffy parts to be 100% usable.
Wells is still in business, site refers to about anything they ever made. I believe they manufactured to rebrand for retailers too.

Last edited:
I'll take a long shot. Zip is 64131, Kansas City. Using the pallet for scale, the blade roller support arms look correct for my Model 8M. Won't be back to building until Saturday 16 July, unless there is pressure to be rid of parts sooner. Based on the arms, I'd take the whole bundle.
I'd know more, it's a project. Machine isn't a basket, just a few iffy parts to be 100% usable.
Wells is still in business, site refers to about anything they ever made. I believe they manufactured to rebrand for retailers too.
I'll get you a shipping quote. Let me know if there are any dimensions that would help verifying they'll fit your saw.

the blade roller support arms look correct for my Model 8M
They're not for an 8M, I have an 8M and they're not even close to being similar.

OP have you sent the pictures to Wells to see if they can identify what saw these fit? I've looked through all their manuals online and haven't found a match for any of those parts.

They're not for an 8M, I have an 8M and they're not even close to being similar.

OP have you sent the pictures to Wells to see if they can identify what saw these fit? I've looked through all their manuals online and haven't found a match for any of those parts.
I haven't, no. I know it was an old model and the 5M 8M saws I've seen online seem to have the same style of parts, but I have no measurements to compare to so....
old 8M example
This stuff doesn't take up a lot of room and isn't burning a hole in the floor, I'd just like to see it go to better use.

Thank you for that. Without the genuine blade guides, real difficult to match.

Back