What's new
What's new

osama sr./shen jey parts

Howdy,

Where can one obtain parts for an Obama sr./shen jey 1760g? Thanx
Rig

This is old but maybe helpful to somebody. Eisen Machinery sells an "improved" version of the same lathe as the Shen Jey 1740G/1760G models (Eisen calls is a 1640G but has the same 16.9" swing, spindle dimensions, etc). Depending on the year of manufacture they are very close. Some of the standard parts look to be identical. They will sell you a catalog that has a parts list. For things like wipers, plastic knobs, and other more standard items this might work. Eisen says not all parts will be interchangeable. Shen Jey has been out of business for a few years. Good lathes for sure. Just don't pay a lot for an orphaned machine if you buy one.

I have a Osama Sr. lathe, and it's a nice heavy and accurate machine. The only resemblance to Trump is that it's oily.:rolleyes5:

Stuart

Good afternoon Gents. I am new to the forum and looking for advice and information. I have an Osama 1740g lathe that I purchased here in Ecuador (expat transplant). The machine was imported from the U.S. and I was able to get it prior to being painted or worked on. The lathe looks pretty clean, ways are beautiful. Looking to trade info with anyone who has one of these.

Back