OT. How Do You Renew A Craigslist Listing Weekly???
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OT. How Do You Renew A Craigslist Listing Weekly???

I have several items listed items for sale on Craigslist. They are typically listed for about 44 days and you can't renew the listing until it runs out..which means it's 44 days down in the queue. There are items which seem to be renewed weekly..they always return to the top of the queue..how the hell do they do that? Someone has been selling a stupid snatch block for almost 2 years and it's always only a few pix from the top of the queue.

Any ideas gents?

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Each week is actually a slightly reworded add and the old one pulled? Or even pull the old add then relist?

I've never tried to sell anything on CL, so just some wild guesses. I know you can close an add after selling an item, so I'd imagine there's a way to remove an add at any time.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    I have several items listed items for sale on Craigslist. They are typically listed for about 44 days and you can't renew the listing until it runs out..which means it's 44 days down in the queue. There are items which seem to be renewed weekly..they always return to the top of the queue..how the hell do they do that? Someone has been selling a stupid snatch block for almost 2 years and it's always only a few pix from the top of the queue.

Any ideas gents?

Stuart
    Yup.

First... Ask Craigslist. If it isn't already in their "FAQ".

Second.. "go ogle" it keyword "problem with".

No Fine Way yer the first person ever had this need.

There's BOUND to be a blog, other forum, even a Craigslist user group or sumthin'.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Go in to your account and once there you have the option to edit, delete or renew. You can renew your add every 72 hours.

5. Likes JohnEvans, Dumpster_diving liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you have Facebook, it is much easier IMO. I listed my old junker car on CL in the free section, because CL charges $5 for auto listings, and it was immediately flagged for removal. OK, no problem, go to FB market and listing for free, and had about 50 offers within hours. Sold it to a guy that saw the listing. Cash in hand, car gone, easy peasy.

7. Likes drom68, JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IIRC you can refresh the posting from the link they email you when you created the ad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's easiest if you have a craigslist account and renew it through the account. The 'Account' is just a dashboard that holds all your listing in one place and shows you how old they are and what has expired etc. There's no charge for it. If you list things as guest, they don't show up in your account.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Easiest to renew weekly using the Craigslist app on an iPhone. Just make renewing part of your Friday routine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess this may have involved a senior moment on my part as I do have an account with Craigslist, have seen my page with posting titles, dates, etc, but failed to notice that I could renew every 72 hours. Thanks for setting me straight on that fact..my meager listings have now been "renewed".

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomarc View Post
    I guess this may have involved a senior moment on my part as I do have an account with Craigslist, have seen my page with posting titles, dates, etc, but failed to notice that I could renew every 72 hours. Thanks for setting me straight on that fact..my meager listings have now been "renewed".

Stuart
    That is how I do it.
    I have noticed after 3 weeks?? The renew option is no longer there, in which case I delete the ad and then repost.