What's new
What's new

Paint booth and powdercoat oven

Cycle1000

Cast Iron
The powdercoat oven is a TedsFabracation he still sell these on ebay
I want to say I bought this new in 2010 and used it twice a week for a year. Then everything switched over to anodizing and has been a storage closet since. :( The control is dead simple. You arrow up to the temp you want and flip the switch. I think you can set a time as well but I never used that function. It will shut off early as the temp will coast up. I have a video of this but they are too big to post here.
I will see if I can shrink them down tonight.
The sizes for the oven and paintbooth are not on this drive:nutter:
So that will be tomorrow also
This is on wheels and can be pushed around the shop by one person
unless there is a penny on the floor
$2200

Attachments

• PowderCoat oven 4.jpg
    PowderCoat oven 4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 70
  • PowderCoat oven 1.jpg
    PowderCoat oven 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 71
  • PowderCoat oven 3.jpg
    PowderCoat oven 3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PowderCoat oven 2.jpg
    PowderCoat oven 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 81
This paint booth was bought in 2014 used about 20hoursish Still has the original filters. I cant find a tag anywhere on this to tell who made it :toetap:
It is on a cart to roll around but can be set on a bench. The motor and fan are on the bottom but could be moved as it is a empty space behind the filters. So top or back.
$ 1500
Both items are in daytona beach

Attachments

• Paint booth 1.jpg
    Paint booth 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Paint booth 2.jpg
    Paint booth 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Paint booth 3.jpg
    Paint booth 3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 46
Yes I did :crazy:
6ft exactly tall 40.5 wide and 44 deep. Factory says 50 am breaker.
I am still working on shrinking the video so its small enough for this site.

I didn't know anything about powdercoating when I bought this but it works great. I hung small parts from a wire tree attached to the ceiling. But you can build a cart and roll it in and out also
When I was shipping large wheels all over I used yellow freight but that has been a while so not sure the best option.

This paint booth was bought in 2014 used about 20hoursish Still has the original filters. I cant find a tag anywhere on this to tell who made it :toetap:
It is on a cart to roll around but can be set on a bench. The motor and fan are on the bottom but could be moved as it is a empty space behind the filters. So top or back.
$ 1500
Both items are in daytona beach

Update on opening size 44 wide 43 tall 24 deep

Thanks for getting back.
Need one that length for blow-moulding an acrylic canopy.
Going to sit on my hands a bit longer, though.

smt

There used to be a class at Oshkosh on making a canopy, and as I missed the class, I got a short briefing on it from the teacher, he detailed making an oven just for the job.

In '76 or so I attended the Monnett class for college credit at their original facility in Elgin and reviewed the one they used.
Just an insulated plywood box, and a long piece of black pipe with gas jet holes drilled in it. Window. Feather to register when depth was attained. :) Have seen others since, or reference/pics of them.

Plan to use electric, will eventually build what i need. Part of the issue is horizontal, clamshell, window, and the burner (element) placement. Unless a suitable powdercoat oven turns up for steal price and easy move.
If Steamshop was still going back and forth to FL i'd ask him about moving it, but again, i'm trying to steal one, not pay fair price. :)

Really, all i want is a cheap insulated box but ss commercial freezers or stand up warmers that go for a $hundred or 2 at auction almost never have 6' inside. No deep urge yet, but keeping my eyes open.

Apologies to the OP, maybe the bump will help someone else notice.

smt

Back