What's new
What's new

Palmgren 400 milling attachment for lathe

Your target market for that is not here.
No serious machinist would ever use one.
Put it up on ebay is probably your best bet.

Steve

...No serious machinist would ever use one.
Steve

Modest disagree, Steve. Mostly you are right in my opinion, but every once in a long while, say, triennially, a small job comes along that can make use of a lathe mounted milling attachment. At any rate, I find it a handy thing to have in the tooling cupboard.

-Marty-

Modest disagree, Steve. Mostly you are right in my opinion, but every once in a long while, say, triennially, a small job comes along that can make use of a lathe mounted milling attachment. At any rate, I find it a handy thing to have in the tooling cupboard.

I actually have one. Haven't used it, but got it cheap enough that it was worth getting (got it, a P&W slide rest for a model 3 lathe and a dumore drill press for $175).

For my small shop, it could come in handy if I need to mill something and I don't want to take down the setup on the mill, but a professional machine shop will have enough mills to not need one, and will want to do the work fast enough that one of these will not be the best tool for the job.

They sell for good money over on ebay, which is where I think he would do better.

Steve

Back