What's new
What's new

Parting out Wells Index 847 milling machine

stevewatr

Stainless
Bought this mill as a parts machine to fix my mill, so I stole the quill/spindle assembly out of it, but there are other parts left in case some one is looking for something.

It was a running machine when I got it, but the it had lots of slop in the X and Y screws. I might keep a few items as spares, and unless your local, big components are going to the scrap yard. But if I have what you want, and it'll fit in a USPS box, I can probably help you. Ideally I like to put prices on anything I sell, but it's a little involved with something with this many parts. Make an offer, or ask what I need to get for whatever you like.

Regards,
Steve W.
DSC00470.jpgDSC00468.jpgDSC00467.jpgDSC00466.jpgDSC00465.jpg

Not sure if you still have machine, but I just brought home a wells index mill that is missing all the handwheels and was wondering if you have them. Let me know if you do.

My phone is 808-645-6145 if you want to call or text.

Aloha,

Scott Kaui
Hawaii
Hi Scott. I know I have at least 1 hand wheel left. Can you take a pic of your machine showing what you need?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Do you by chance have a X-axis power feed? I have a 747 that the feed was broken off of when I purchased it.

Hello. I do have the power feed off this mill. It had a broken fuse holder, so I never tested it. I just figured it can sit there as a spare in case my mill's feed fails. That being said, I'm now doubting mine will fail, they seem robust. So I might be willing to sell it. Not sure of market value.

I am interested in the parts that attach the head to the ram and allow it to tilt side to side and nod front and back. Don't need the head or the ram itself, just the stuff in between - and most especially the worm gear and worm and shaft and crank etc. Do you have them and if so what might you want for them?

Likewise for the indexed dial asssemblies for the lead screws - X,Y,Z. Don't need the screws, just the dial assemblies.

I am interested in the parts that attach the head to the ram and allow it to tilt side to side and nod front and back. Don't need the head or the ram itself, just the stuff in between - and most especially the worm gear and worm and shaft and crank etc. Do you have them and if so what might you want for them?

Likewise for the indexed dial asssemblies for the lead screws - X,Y,Z. Don't need the screws, just the dial assemblies.
As for the worm gear, shaft, and mating gear, Mark Latham just asked for those parts. If he passes on them, you'll be next.

As for the dials, I'll have to check. Pretty sure I did sell one, but should have the knee, possibly more.

Head tilt components.
10b8010de2a3c3b092da5a3ee979de59.jpg

As for the worm gear, shaft, and mating gear, Mark Latham just asked for those parts. If he passes on them, you'll be next.

As for the dials, I'll have to check. Pretty sure I did sell one, but should have the knee, possibly more.

I'd did find one dial. It's .200 per revolution, so it's for x or y axis.
4ee72fc82cbe6aee0a0b740d712e7d5a.jpg

Are you interested in the one dial I found??

Back