What's new
What's new

Parts needed for a Harrison M300

hurst01

Plastic
I am looking for parts for a Harrison M300 lathe. Particularly a cross feed screw, the compound screw, hand crank for the carriage and various other levers for the apron. Machine has been turned over in an attempt to move.

Thanks, Ed

DAGS online for 600group machine tools. They deal Harrison. Or they did, a couple or three weeks ago when I last looked at their site.
Count on paying full retail... Ouch.

It may be worth your time to find a magazine seller that stocks the UK magazine, Model Engineer, or Model Engineer's Workshop. There are several UK based sellers of used machine tools and machine tool parts that advertise therein. Postage is not super cheap, but if you cannot find the stuff more locally...

Good luck!

Cheers
Trev

Still needing parts for Harrison M300

Well, I have had virtually no luck in finding used parts for the Harrison M300. Either there is not that many in the US or they are not wearing out and being parted out. I did find a used feed box on ebay but the key that is driven by the shaft is worn to a point that I can hardly feel it. It has a couple of parts in it that I can use though.
I really need the cross-feed screw and handle. I went so far as to buy another lathe that had been taken apart for some unknown reason. I may be able to take the two of them and make a good lathe from them.
I had already purchased the M300 (13 X 25") military surplus that had been dropped on its face and broken off all the control handles and cross feed shaft. It has very little use and is well worth repairing if I can find the parts.
A couple of months ago (between heart surgeries) I found and purchased another M300 with 13 X 40" bed. Not all of the parts are there and the seller didn't know why it was disassembled. The ways on the bed looks like it has never been used, or at least very little. I was going to take parts from it to use on the other, but then decided I would rather have the longer bed. Someone has cut one of the shafts. Instead of being a keyed shaft like the 25" lathe is, it has a 1/2" square drive shaft:confused:. The feed box is partially disassembled.
Being an old disabled Veteran, I can't bring myself to throw away or scrap either one of them:(. Both of them can still have some very good use if I can find the parts.
I would like to find a compound and cross feed screw and I would be in business.

Ed

I picked up an entire M300 carriage top as a spare and potentially a compound for a pattern maker's lathe. It would have both the screws you're looking for. It's an English unit and has moderate wear. I'd have to check, but the screws are likely in good shape. Let me know if you can't find a better source; I'd sell for what I paid it ($185) plus whatever shipping is cheapest.

Ed I am also looking for some internal lathe parts . Was wondering if you might be able to help me out. One part is the feed direction selector gear. 46 teeth part # 302 042. that is one of several. let me know. Thank you

Ed I have a new crossfeed screw with halfnuts that i no longer need. Also have factory taper attachment that I can part with. Need headstock gears & shafts - Not all, but some. Maybe trade?

I might be interested in the feed screw if Ed doesn’t need it!
I also have a machine that’s been on it’s side, al repaired now except feed screw and dial.
Managed to straighten my screw but has a tight spot in it.
Let me know logmac

Crossfeed Nuts needed

Ed I have a new crossfeed screw with halfnuts that i no longer need. Also have factory taper attachment that I can part with. Need headstock gears & shafts - Not all, but some. Maybe trade?
Hi All I just purchased the DoAll 630mm version of this classic. the cross feed has 1/2 rotation free play, either they left the adjustment part out or it is that worn. Apron feed also has a half rotation free play, can't weight to dig into that!!

Any assistance on the cross feed nuts is appreciated.
Michael

I picked up an M300 thinking I want to part it out but now that I'm working on it I'm sort of loving it. The gearbox is in great shape but the apron needs some work and there is no cross slide at all. It has the taper attachment on there so if I can get it going it should be sweet. I have yet to see a full cross slide assembly available anywhere online. If I can't get it sorted I may be back to parting it out and can help the folks here looking for parts.

Harrison M300 lathe

I picked up an M300 thinking I want to part it out but now that I'm working on it I'm sort of loving it. The gearbox is in great shape but the apron needs some work and there is no cross slide at all. It has the taper attachment on there so if I can get it going it should be sweet. I have yet to see a full cross slide assembly available anywhere online. If I can't get it sorted I may be back to parting it out and can help the folks here looking for parts.

I haven’t checked this site in a while, I have the Acra Turn version of the Harrison lathe. Has anybody found a source for parts. The apron on my lathe leaks faster than I can put oil in! Thanks, Jim

Hello Noiselessrock,
Are you parting out the lathe? A friend of mine is looking for some parts of the gearbox, he needs the 59t gear.

Please let me know, maybe he wants some other gear to.

Thanks

Raf

m300

ebay has one online r9ight now they are proud of their parts
mike
\

Back