What's new
What's new

Funny CL Listing of the day

I'm not sure what you think is funny. Some people might think that's overpriced but around here that
would be a pretty fair price--maybe a touch high.. It would likely cost you $1200-$1500 to buy all those
drill bits new. The other pieces have got to have some value...

I must admit on MSC those drills are $300-500 each so buying new isn't even an option if you want a good price. That said used you can get great prices on auction leftovers. So it is either a great price if it is versus new or a bad price if you can stalk auctions and buy a pallet of them for cheap.

Well my 2 cents ....

1) Not a lot of people using large HSS drills (industrial applications ie making money for a living with them! :eek:)

2) By eyeball micrometer it looks like maybe 30% of them are duplicate sizes and /or down to 1/64" increments (not all that useful IMO)...?

3) I'm guessing people that might be interested are garage shops / hobbyist and they sure as hell ain't coughing up 650 smackeroos!! :nono:

just something I found funny. A few days ago there was a funny cl for a bunch of HF junk. The address was "near apt B" I googled it and it was across the street from a park. This one says "Near apt 121" and it's across the street from an empty lot. Some kind of scam going on?

I'd snatch them up in a flash except I don't have a Cadillac lathe

Here are some more

Kennedy 520 Machinist Chest - tools - by owner - sale

$200 for just the toolbox, no tools!! :D

FWIW, I 'm not just trying to 'hate' on people and their overpriced stuff. I get it. We pay alot of money for this stuff brand new, unfortunately it is not worth anywhere near that after a few years. I know, when I moved from IN to SC I downsized my tools and sold a complete Kennedy setup (8 drawer top box, 2 drawer riser, and 7-8? drawer roll-a-round) full of tools. Including 0-8" starret mics, drills, endmills, grinding vises, etc etc for $1000. :(

Back