What's new
What's new

precise 45,000 die grinder

djones3158

Aluminum
For Sale. Precise 45,000 die grinder with tool post stand. Stand is NOS, grinder is in excellent used condition. I can't find the collet wrench. Will fit in a med flat rate box. 85.00DSC00573.jpgDSC00579.jpgDSC00578.jpgDSC00576.jpgDSC00581.jpg

Agree that is a nice grinder..and with the holding fixture very nice.

Qt:[ if it has at least one collet]
I have made collets for them but this one seems to have a collet from photo 3 + 4..

I put a hard bushing (or soft if that is desired) split from each end on different paths on a mandrel and grind one side and then the other side with a rubber band (s) or wrapped clothing thread on the opposite side of the side being ground to hold it tight if wanting to heat expand. Yes from an extra or shot collet is fine.

Wrapping many wraps of thread and then a tad of tape to hold the end can make a very high pressure on a part so it may not spin...even with heating up.

Yes with the Id set on the area of the mandrel that measures 1/4 (or what size needed. perhaps a little smaller place on the mandrel because they seem to grow a tad.

And yes you travel direction towards the fat end of the mandrel. I like to die paint the fat end so at a glance you know.

*I know this likely old stuff for you John so for the young guys
Buck

Last edited:
One of the shops I worked in long ago had a finishing department with 30 or 40 stations with these grinders. Mostly women worked in there. My gosh the noise when they were all polishing at once! Happy memories!
JB Bergman

Back