What's new
What's new

QH 50 taper quick change holders 59 units

Hardplates

Stainless
For those of you who don't know, you can put an adaptor in your NMTB 50 spindle to run these quick change holders that can be changed from the spindle face without touching the drawbar. Comes in handy on medium to large verticals where you need a ladder to reach the drawbar.

The tapers on most of these holders are in excellent shape and a few of them are good and perfectly usable (had some light rust at some point that was cleaned off and left minor pitting)

Most holders are either made in the USA or Germany, some of them to not have a makers mark. They appear brown because I sprayed all the tapers and tool bores with SP400 to prevent them from rusting.

Weldon holders.
1 - 3/16"
11 - 3/8"
11 -1/2"
7 -5/8"
9 - 3/4"
2 - 7/8"
6 - 1"
3 - 1 1/4"

Shell mill holders.
2 - 1/2"
1 - 3/4"
1 - 1"
2 - 1 1/4"
2 - 1 1/2"

and 1 MT #4 holder

10 tool rack not included, its a 40 taper rack I robbed from one of my machines for the pic.

A total of 59 holders.

$20 each plus shipping or all for $1000 shipped in flat rate boxes.

This thread or PM works best to get ahold of me

Attachments

• quick1.jpg
    quick1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
  • quick2.jpg
    quick2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 91
  • quick4.jpg
    quick4.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 85
if they're 45 taper, I would like one 1/2" and one 3/4" shell mill holder please. Pm coming

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Are the shell mill holders NMTB50 or are they also for the Weldon quick change system?

-Phil

All holders are Weldon quick change including the shell mill holders.

if they're 45 taper, I would like one 1/2" and one 3/4" shell mill holder please. Pm coming

Lee

I got your PM. I'm pretty sure they are a 45 taper but I will break out the "bible" today and measure them to make 100% sure and then respond to your PM.

Thank you,

Paul

A 45 taper has a gauge diameter of 2.25" These measure 2.197" at the base of the taper right before the relief starts so I am fairly confident in saying that the theoretical measurement for gauge diameter is indeed 2.25" and these are 45 taper.

Great, thanks.

If they're bigger than a 40 taper, they're definitely 45. Weldon only made 2 sizes

Thanks again

Weldon made at least three sizes of what I would call the tool holders / "slaves". 30, 40 and the 45 that are listed in this thread. The native / "master" holders would have come in several different tapers and sizes as well as direct spindle fits.
The 40 taper seem to be the most rare.

Andy

I don't think I've ever seen a 40 taper version - thanks for the correction

Lee

Back