What's new
What's new

Radius dressers

leeko

Stainless
Hi all,

I have a couple of radius dressers that are surplus to my needs. All prices are plus shipping from chicago 60707.

- Ralmikes radius tangent dresser. Has some surface rust on the bright parts, but everything is smooth and should clean up well. Appears complete as far as I can tell. $150

- Boyar-Shultz radius dresser. Good condition. $50

Feel free to ask questions!

Lee
447b8ecb728f3129948dba02dc209f8c.jpg
c188a03adbd4c973801ed50c9fa7dfe1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Boyar-Shultz is still available

Interested in that one. I have a Sanford benchtop surface grinder and it's pretty small.

What's the size of the base?
How far is the center hole for the diamond from the edge of the base facing the diamond?
How high up is the surface the diamond sits in?

Just trying to gauge clearances and whether it's too long to sit on the chuck and reach the wheel.

Steve

Hi Steve, see answers below

What's the size of the base? 4-5/8" x 2-15/16"

How far is the center hole for the diamond from the edge of the base facing the diamond? 2-9/16”

How high up is the surface the diamond sits in? Lowest height is 2-1/8"

Lee

And you! Always nice to have a knowledgeable sort tell me exactly how I'm doing it wrong :)

Lee

:D Naw, you weren't doing it wrong, just a little off on what you thought you were cutting. Underneath that induction hardened skin, you probably do have 1045.

Looks to me like it is a height setting fixture. Set gage blocks or whatever under the end of the rod with the plate and turn the plate so the diamond can be brought up to touch it then lock it in position. With nothing under the rod it probably puts the diamond right on center.

Back