What's new
What's new

Reuland Electric Corp. True Trace

All your pictures are showing is the hydraulic pump for a tracer, but no tracer. Here in LA you can find the complete tracer assy with the pump for what you're asking just for the pump.

I tried to find out what one of these things might be, but I must be searching on the wrong stuff. Not to hijack the thread, but would some kind soul please explain briefly what this thing does? (Who knows? Maybe I want one. And MA is in striking distance...)

I tried to find out what one of these things might be, but I must be searching on the wrong stuff. Not to hijack the thread, but would some kind soul please explain briefly what this thing does? (Who knows? Maybe I want one. And MA is in striking distance...)

This is probably just the hydraulic power unit (pump and tank) Here is a youtube guy explaining his tracer mill:
YouTube

Tracers run on very low oil pressure, not much good for anything except a tracer.
I think mine is only 180 to 220 psi.

Rosebrook / Mimik still support "some" repairs to former competitor True-Trace goods:

True-Tracer hydraulic tracers

Their Mimik has a similar pump and tank. Operates at 200 - 275 psi. Pump "might" be good for a tad more, but even so, it's only 1.5 GPM, half-horse, 1-P for my Mimik, so, no, not the most flexible start for some other DIY critter.

The abandoned on-board pump already inside the HBX-360, may be higher pressure, but the Cazeneuve tracer was their own design, and a tad French strange, even if in a good way! Patent suggests higher fidelity. And/or maintenance needed? TANSTAAFL.

Mimik, one can at least still buy new and get parts and service for.

Back