What's new
What's new

Rockwell metal lathe parts

Another orphaned brand. Machines were made by Delta and dold as both Rockwell and Delta products. Both have no interest in supporting the product. there is a group on Yahoo, for DR lathes.some parts swapping goes on there. Ebay and Plaza Joe
are the others. I have an 11" tailstock available, and a 5C collet adapter.

A guy came by with an apron from an 11" Rockwell that needed
help. After some cleaning, inspection and shopping for unavailable
parts it was clear that I would have to repair what was there. The
apron casting had worn holes in two places which needed bored and
bushed. Also made a new shaft to hold the pinion aright. Another
spacer from bronze and reassembled and good to go. So maybe you can
fix what you got. Good luck.
spaeth

You might want to change the title of your post to add "Wanted".

I can just picture a guy with a pile of Rockwell parts seeing a thread titled:
"Rockwell metal lathe parts"
and thinking:
"Damn, here I have this pile of Rockwell parts and now there's someone else selling some".

Steve

Thank you for the schooling on proper posting on this site. My Rockwell is a 14" metal lathe in very good condition all the little things have been replaced or repaired oilers, adjustments etc. Now retired and using the lathe a lot more started thinking it might be a good idea to at least know where I might be able to find parts or manuals.

At this time thankfully no list of parts needed all I have for info about this lathe is the Instruction Manual.

Mike

Tony Griffiths at Lathes puts together a very nice book for the 14" Rockwell lathe. I purchased one recently for my just acquired 14" lathe. It's a little pricey but well worth it. The Rockwell Metalworking Lathe group in Yahoo Groups has a lot of good information available, too.
Ken

I've got a bunch of NOS parts for the Rockwell 14". Mostly gears and bushings for the apron, a photocopy of the user/parts manual with exploded diagrams and parts list, slightly worn original 9" buck adjust-tru chuck, 8" L00 dog driver, and a excellent condition lead-screw. If you are interested in anything, let me know and I'll get some pics. Time to let this stuff go since the lathe left several years ago.

A friend of mine has a rockwell lathe I think its a 14 inch gear head it is in fine shape just in a bunch of pieces in a pile. I think he wants 500 bucks for it.

Back