What's new
What's new

Round carbide inserts

Bluechipx

Hot Rolled
I've got many boxes of round carbide inserts, basic flat, no chipbreaker, not coated. Check pic for size. Also a face mill holder that uses them with a 3/4 shank for a Bridgeport or other. The man who works for me doesn't like it because the round inserts tend to lift the quill if it is not real tight on heavy cuts and fast feeds. A round insert can be slightly rotated for a lot of use and it is two sided. I told the operator to put the quill up all the way and raise the knee but he won't do it for some reason. I got great finishes with them on just about all metals. I'll sell the inserts for $.50 ea. and I have a whole lot of them. I might have a lathe tool holder that also takes this insert but it will have a 1" shank.
round inserts.jpg

I believe the holder uses four inserts and is 2", maybe 3". I'LL post a picture tomorrow. At the moment it is lost but the operator says I haven't looked hard enough, it is in his tool cabinet.

yes,...how much for the holder -the inserts are the RIGHT price...thanks,pat

I 'sort of gave' the holder to a friend who has a mold shop and he really likes it, great finishes and such, but it is really still mine. Throw a number at me, I could repossess it.
I think it is 2 1/2" diameter with a 3/4" shank.

cutter.jpg

I 'sort of gave' the holder to a friend who has a mold shop and he really likes it, great finishes and such, but it is really still mine. Throw a number at me, I could repossess it.
I think it is 2 1/2" diameter with a 3/4" shank.

View attachment 288617

I got to thinking, the guy that has it was technically asked to "try this facemill", I'm going to let him keep it, but I found a new one that takes the inserts. I'll post a picture soon, it is a 2" and takes a 3/4" facemill holder.

I also have a lot of 1/2" round ceramic inserts $.50 ea. For the brave enough to use them! I also have CNMG4xxx in ceramic, I'll see how many, possibly 100, not sure, $.50 ea.
YouTube

Back