What's new
What's new

Royal collet chuck complete with collets

jdperf1

Plastic
Royal collet chuck. Fits A2-8 spindle and uses S30 collets. Was something we picked up on auction so I don't know a whole bunch about it. Looks to be fairly complete as it has mounting bolts, adapter plate, collet wrenches, part stop, etc.

Has 11 sets of 4 pc Hardinge collets. .75", 1", 1.25", 1.5:, 1.75", 2", 2.25", 2.5", 2.625", 2.75", and 3".

From looking on the royal website....looks like these chucks go for around $4000-5000 new and collets are around $200ish each.

Sell all for $5000

021.jpg019.jpg017.jpg026.jpg018.jpg

just to let you know, you are starting too high for it. for NIB, unless super rare AND sought after, 40% is a good expectation, and a starting ask of 60% means you are reasonable and serious. also, don't say "don't know a whole bunch about it" just saying.. you either sound like you are trying to sucker us into thinking you don't know anything, or you don't know anything. either way its a bad look.

I am going to side with the other guys on this one. I can buy collet pads for $100ish per set from US Shop Tools and they have performed just as good as the Hardinge pads in my experience. That, coupled with what looks to be a special order chuck that fits what lathe is anybody's guess makes this a hard pass. The least you could do is provide a thread diameter/pitch of the drawtube coupling so potential buyers know what for sure they are getting.

Back