What's new
What's new

Rubometric die head----For sale

tommy1010

Stainless
I have a Rubometric die head for sale. As shown in the pics it is a 9/16 D. For those that have never used one of these this will thread only up to 9/19 diameter. I am not sure but I think it will do #4 and up to 9/16. Has a 5/8" straight arbor. I used it in a larger Jacobs chuck in my tail stock. I also used it mounted in an AXA Quick change toolpost large boring bar holder. I only have the die for it that is in the head. 1/4x28. The little release handle was lost. You can make one or just pull the rod. The piece will clean up like new. Cutting oil stains on it . You can tell it hasn't been used very much as the tag Made In Germany is still on it. Although faint. Dies can be had for any thread you want. This fits nicely on a SB9 or similar smaller lathe. It will even work on larger lathes it is up to you. Want to outfit a turret here is a nice accessory. $200.00 plus shipping of $16.00. Some on ebay for bookoo bucks. Paypal, check or money order. You choose.
PM me AND reply to this thread if you want it. First come first served. If you have any questions PM me. That arbor is hollow so you can thread to about 5 inches

100_1517.jpg100_1516.jpg100_1518.jpg100_1519.jpg100_1520.jpg.

Just to clarify, these German die heads use standard Geometric 9/16 D chaser sets, which are made by a number of different companies and readily available in most any thread size. They are adjustable for pitch diameter. I cut .275-40 NS threads with 1/4-40 chasers, for instance. The chasers can be sharpened a number of times.

The Germans did not copy the Geometric parts, so their parts, like the (metric) screws and handles, are not the same as Geometric. Back when I got mine, the German heads were considerably cheaper than Geometric, but still expensive and very high quality.

Larry

Back