What's new
What's new

For sale 4 way toolpost

jackal

Titanium
I have a 4 way toolpost.
It has an o-ring seal on the pivot base.
It came with some Hardinge lathe stuff.
Will take $50 + you pay shipping.
It is an Enco brand.
If you need more pics or measurements, ask or PM me.
Thanks for looking20200621_150338.jpg20200621_150444.jpg20200621_150348.jpg20200621_150342.jpg20200621_150335.jpg

Suggestion to improve the ad: lock down the turret, use that tape measure (extended...) to show both the tool slot height, and the distance from the base (ignoring the T slot tang), to the bottom surface of the tool slot.

Suggestion to improve the ad: lock down the turret, use that tape measure (extended...) to show both the tool slot height, and the distance from the base (ignoring the T slot tang), to the bottom surface of the tool slot.

I believe those bases are made thick because they are intended to be machined to bring the slot to the desired relationship with center height.

Another thing that happens with those is the springs under the balls get lost, or the balls freeze in their sockets.

Other than that, what can go wrong?

metalmagpie

I believe those bases are made thick because they are intended to be machined to bring the slot to the desired relationship with center height.

Another thing that happens with those is the springs under the balls get lost, or the balls freeze in their sockets.

Other than that, what can go wrong?

metalmagpie

The Springs are still in this one, and the balls are clean.
O pulled ot up against the o ring.
Only 1\8" actually goes in the TP.
It would definitely have to be machined to fit.

Correct. I have its twin. AFTER machining for a 10EE, my base appears to STILL be thicker. Depending on the lathe it is to be fitted to, this one might end-up needing a plate to shim it back UP?

Two missing, even three, still works OK. Spread em out so no two empty holes adjcent. Ever I get a "round tuit" I can order same-diameter hardened balls. Or if hard to match, ALL new close enough".

If even I bother.

The"detent" feature I don't much care about as it is not my best nor only 4-Way.
Only the first one as was close enough to fit-up.... before I had a mill.

"Machining" was done with a Carbide blade on a cheap-ass "Kobalt" compound mitre-box sawdustmakers rig, files, angle-grinder.

Tedious. Very! But effective "enough". All it had to do was fit. It does fit.

Back