What's new
What's new

For Sale - Horizontal Mill Attachments

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
These are off of an Induma (Italy) Horizontal Milling Machine that got scrapped. I never figured out what model it was, but it was in the range of a #2 Kearney Trecker or Cincinnati. I'll get dimensions of the dovetails and center-lines and maybe they'll fit other machines. Some of the dimensions and fasteners are Metric, but the machine measured in Imperial units and worked with standard NMTB 50 taper tooling.

#1 Overarm
20180917_213019.jpg
39" long, 60 degree Dovetail is 4.625" at widest point, and .845 deep.
$50

#2 Vertical Milling Attachment with Parking arm
20180917_213036.jpg
20180917_213026 (1).jpg
Runs off of the spindle lugs (no drive gear needed). Includes drawbar. The Stud that the head hangs off is ripped out of the casting, so it will need a heli-coil type repair, or I'll split them depending on what works for your machine.
Mounts on 50 degree Dovetail that is 9.25" at widest point, and 1.25" deep. The spindle face needs to project 1.875" into the head for the drive dogs (1" wide) to fully engage.
$750

#3 Drawbar and Wrench's
20180917_213355.jpg
The shoulder on the nut will fit into a 1.25" hole, and the bar is 21.5" long overall.
$20

#4 Thru-arbor support (B-style) with outboard supports
20180917_213154.jpg
Arbor support mounts on a 60 degree Dovetail that is 4.625" at widest point, and .845 deep. Takes 2.25" bushing. Spindle center is 5.875" from dovetail. Outboard support mounts on a 60 degree dovetail that is 7" at it's widest, and 1.1875" deep.
$300

I'll take offers too. shipping can be arranged by me or you, but I'll need to add a bit for crating (how much depends on what all you are getting and if it's going freight or parcel). The head will need to go by Freight, but I think the others could individually go UPS/Fedex.

20180917_213046.jpg
Here's the parking arm for the vertical head.

#5 Knee/saddle crank
20180917_213124.jpg
20180917_213118.jpg
Was broken at one point but brazed together. Hole is 1.5" deep and .875" diameter
$20

I'd also be interested in trades for any attachments for a Kearney Trecker 2H, or Cincinnati 2L, such as vertical or slotter heads, arbor supports, powered indexers or rotary tables with the low-lead attachments.

I am quasi interested in the over arm support, do you remember the hp of the motor on you mill? Also did you by any chance save any of of the power feed shut off stuff for the x axis that mounts on the front of the table? Tim

I am quasi interested in the over arm support, do you remember the hp of the motor on you mill? Also did you by any chance save any of of the power feed shut off stuff for the x axis that mounts on the front of the table? Tim

The spindle was 7 or 7.5HP. Sorry, I didn't save any of the feed trips or levers. I might have pictures of them though if that helps(?)

These attachments are still burning a hole in my cargo container.

The overarm could be easily repurposed as a bench center bed, or surfaced flat and made into a scraping standard.

Open to all offers at this point.

What is the max opening for the drive end?
Drive end of the vertical attachment? It's not adjustable but currently mounts on 50 degree dovetail that is 9.25" at widest point, and 1.25" deep. The spindle face needs to project 1.875" into the head for the drive dogs (1" wide) to fully engage. You might be able to make new gibs or cut the current ones down if you're thinking about fitting this head to another machine?

I have a raised boss on the front bearing support that would have to fit inside the housing

As long as the machine is NMTB50 taper, it looks like the face of your spindle should fit fine. That's what I was noting before where the face of the driving keys on your spindle needs to be 1.875" proud from the face of the column to engage the plate inside the head. If they were too tall or too short though, you could make new keys that are the right height.

Back