What's new
What's new

For Sale: Kearney-Trecker Model H dividing head gearbox, fits 2H mill

Andy FitzGibbon

Diamond
This is the "Conventional Lead Attachment" that allows you to gear the Model H dividing head to the table feed screw and cut spirals, leads, ect. Bolts to the right hand end of the table, and I know for sure it will fit a 2H mill (might fit others). Comes with three idler shafts and three gears. Two are 24 tooth and the third is larger (can't remember tooth count). It's in good condition. $300 or make me an offer, trades considered.
Thanks,
Andy
[email protected]

ktgear01.jpg

ktgear02.jpg

ktgear03.jpg

Andy
I never heard of Kearney-Trecker until I aquired a K-T head of my own, but I do not know how to identify it, and worse, I dont even know what measure determines the size of the head (It has no chuck but would take something like a 10 inch)
If this gearbox of yours can work with it, and if it is still still available after all this time, the next question arises- what is a 2H Mill... I own Vietnam-war era Bridgeport and smaller Rockwell knee mills. Ive never seen Kearney-Trecker mills in-use or offered for sale and Im not much of an historian, but I do need similar tooling

I thank you in advance for any advice and whatever other help you can give. I would like to get hold of a copy of any parts lists or other documentation, particularly service procedures; there appears to be some kind of gear lash adjustment device &c which would prefer proper service to 'leaving well-enough-without-further-damage'... also a tiny, side oil-fill plug went missing for apparently some time before it came to my possession; I want the head to be in proper form, sturdy, and accurate

So:
how to identify my machine
will your box work on my mill(s)
what service nd parts lists can I get copies of- and where
any heads-up situations to be wary of

finally, thanks to anyone who can help at all
Regards
d

KH Dividing Head Identification & Thanks

I do have a model H dividing head, and thank you for the advice

Is there any way I can see the rest of the document you linked?

Am I corect to presume the 2H mill is a KT product ?
(I may yet prove the 'old saw' wrong that the only dumb question is one left unasked)

I will continue to restore this head I have and take it from there; building a gearbox to adapt it to a Bridgeport (if I nevr see B'port tooling) should be easier than getting a man on the moon, no?

Sincere thanks & appreciation
JD2

Last edited:
You know I have a couple of these floating around here somewhere . One of them had most of the gears and the other I think just had the gear studs. How do I check to see if these are just for the 2H model? Mike

If you give me an email I can send you a pic of the page in the K&T manual. I don't have one to measure to give you any other reference.

Well I found the 2 I have and they are for a 1H-2HL made in 45 and 49. I will probably keep them now since I have a 1H and a 2HL. I didn't mean to string anyone along. The lot number stamped on them were hard to find and stamped kinda lightly. I thought they might have been for a 2H. Mike

Damn.. I saw the latest date on a comment and thought I might get lucky...
I'm currently looking for either a low lead or conventional lead for my 2H.
Yeah it's an old thread, but leave no leaf unturned. Anyone??
Roger

Back