What's new
What's new

For Sale "M" size PDQ Package 86 pieces with master holder

cstrickland

Aluminum
ok so we just recently moved to a new shop, and we scrapped one of our older machines. We kept all of the PDQ tooling from it . I am posting it here only for a week, if there are no takers I will then go ebay and local advertisement

I am looking to make this a package deal as there are 85 holders/adapters and a master holder . I can only do 5 photos so I did the biggest lots. If you need more pictures let me know. PLEASE note all of these are used and as is, there is some rust on dome of these , and there may be small issues with holders like set screws are missing bolts etc. . The list price on this package new would be over $30,000.00 . We would like to get $4000 for everything shipped in the continuous 48.

We will package in a wooden crate and ship LTL, or we can do a pick up or delivery if local in Ohio . If you can not accommodate a lift gate, and are out of state we will work with you on smaller packages and shipping methods other then LTL, but you will be on the hook for any freight charges over $350.00

Here is a rough break down. If there are any questions please let me know. you can contact me direct at
[email protected]

1 piece Master holder M size 50 NMTB
28 End mill adapters ranging from 3/8" up to 1-1/2"
4 R8 draw collet holders
12 Face mill adapters 1" up to 2"
16 Morse taper holders #2 up to #5 sizes
3 Jacobs chuck adapters #3 & #4 sizes
3 short stub arbors 1" & 1-1/4"
2 boring head adapters 3/4"-16 & 1-1/2"-18
10 boring bar holders various size and length 3 are straight shaft
4 boring bar head threaded holders (no heads) 4",6" & 9" long
3 tapping head two are collet type and one is spring

IMG_3250-1.jpgIMG_3235-1.jpgIMG_3238-1.jpgIMG_3237-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3252-1.jpg
    IMG_3252-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 158
What advantage does this have over standard NMTB50 tooling?

It looks like if you tried to tap with it you'd have a real mess.

To change a tool I hit a button twice. If someone has an NMTB 50 machine so old it doesn't have a power drawbar I'd think they could add one for not much expense.

I could see it for an old Morse Taper machine, but 50 taper? What's the point?

To change a tool I hit a button twice. If someone has an NMTB 50 machine so old it doesn't have a power drawbar I'd think they could add one for not much expense.

Never used PDQ-Marlin, have yah?

If these were the "S" and "VS" I'd be chasing a few more (40 taper, B&S #9 but "kludged" off a modifed 30-taper tail).

Website has gone wonky though. Company just change hands? Or what?

I do not wish to turn a sale thread into a discussion thread, so I will try to be brief as possible and make only this statment. We supply our units to many people for different reasons. Tapping is certainly not an issue and many use it for rigid taping, or with compression tension units.

We sell a lot of these as retrofit units for larger older workhorse machines with larger tapers. We just sold a large package similar to this one to one of the US steel plant locations. They had a machine from the late 30's or early 40's that the only option for holders was oversees from Germany. It was very costly and time driven to get parts. The person in charge felt they had two options. replace the machine with a newer version and pay for the machine and all new tooling, or buy our system and continue using a machine that has many years of service left.

Another attractive feature is for shops with multiple machine but different spindles. You can buy a master holder for several different spindles, and then have commonality in tooling holders.

Never used PDQ-Marlin, have yah?

If these were the "S" and "VS" I'd be chasing a few more (40 taper, B&S #9 but "kludged" off a modifed 30-taper tail).

Website has gone wonky though. Company just change hands? Or what?

If there is something you are looking for please reach out to me. Yes the website is down as it was really antiquated and well horrible in my opinion. We are currently rebuilding in and hope to be back soon.

the company actually changed hands a few years ago. Same comapny with all the original works plus a few new

If there is something you are looking for please reach out to me. Yes the website is down as it was really antiquated and well horrible in my opinion. We are currently rebuilding in and hope to be back soon.

the company actually changed hands a few years ago. Same comapny with all the original works plus a few new

Website looked good and navigated fine without glitches for me for years.

Better public face than a blank page any way yah measure THOSE things!

Mind, never DID get a response when I emailed asking if I could get #9 B&S tail on a S or VS master collet or a 40-taper on a VS master.

The "book" sizes are not wrong for the stresses involved. Some days yah just like to be able to use yer "already-paid-for" or "already MOUNTED" tooling more flexibly, given I have #9 B&S and 40-taper on the same mill.

Website looked good and navigated fine without glitches for me for years.

Better public face than a blank page any way yah measure THOSE things!

Mind, never DID get a response when I emailed asking if I could get #9 B&S tail on a S or VS master collet or a 40-taper on a VS master.

The "book" sizes are not wrong for the stresses involved. Some days yah just like to be able to use yer "already-paid-for" or "already MOUNTED" tooling more flexibly, given I have #9 B&S and 40-taper on the same mill.
the website did work but it was very limited and did not convey no where near our capabilities. If it was a stand alone for selling PDQ quick change alone, then it was I would say marginal. It also had incorrect information on some of the dimensions that was never properly vetted. In addition a very poor interface for sending in questions, or requesting quotes on line. We are working on fixing that and it will be back up.

the cat 40 to small I am 100% sure we can make, as we just made a couple back in February of this year. The CAT40 to VS should also be doable. Its easy to do smaller connection on bigger interface than the other way around.

I can not say for 100% with out seeing dimensions on the #9 B&S ( as I am not familiar with it ) , but I am going to say I am 90% sure by just what I see on the web when I do a quick google.

I will look in our files on Monday when I am back in the office, as we actually have drawings that date back to the late 40's for special holders and special tooling for PDQ. I would be very surprised if we did not already have one drawn up.

if you would like email at [email protected] and we can talk specific and pricing . Please bear ion mind a custom one off holder ( as we do not stock either of these ) is not cheap, but it does seem like it would be a great investment for you .

Bringing this to the top. If someone is interested in this but the pricing is an issue then email me direct with offers . We are willing to entertain anything reasonable .

the website did work but it was very limited and did not convey no where near our capabilities. If it was a stand alone for selling PDQ quick change alone, then it was I would say marginal. It also had incorrect information on some of the dimensions that was never properly vetted. In addition a very poor interface for sending in questions, or requesting quotes on line. We are working on fixing that and it will be back up.
Thanks for picking this up.

You need to get something fixed "Real Soon, Now".

Under standard IS/IT "parallel-cutover" yah NEVER take down a public-facing website that works - however well or poorly - UNTIL the new one is tested, then rolled-in seamlessly.

The impression a blank page - without even a "back soon!" placeholder gives is of economic disaster and legal hassles in-progress.

Common as dirt as founders, principles, second and third owners age and retire or expire, go economically tits-up...and the exact opposite of confidence-building for continuity.

PDQ tooling was never exactly "cheap". It's a durable investment, not a bag of Nachos.

Blanked website shouts "messy liquidation" right out loud in front of God and the whole dam' internet. We've seen all too much of that to think otherwise.

Fix that "perceptions" issue. Even if you have to put the OLD webpages back online for a time. It is not trivial, a "perception".

PDQ is "old enough" your files almost certainly have B&S tails as prior product.
Other priorities at present, and I'm just ONE "Old Fart" among many.

PM is known to be as they say "a tough crowd". Simplest of reasons for that. The mass of scar tissue on our collective commercial arses. BTDT.. Got too MANY of those "orphaned unobtanium" tee shirts, most of us.

Show us the company and/or its capabilities have survived conveyance, first.

Folks who might chance a tune-up to our various PDQ arsenals want to be sure they'll get "good goods", not have their orders - or funds - vanish into the swamp of an ongoing amateur-hour bun-fight. "BTDTGTTS" Again.

And "Oh, BTW?" You can email ME - many of us - by simply clicking on the PM login handle, upper left corner on any post a member has made. Providing his email option is active.

As mine is, and not-only.

And "Oh, BTW?" You can email ME - many of us - by simply clicking on the PM login handle, upper left corner on any post a member has made. Providing his email option is active.

Only problem with him emailing you or others, many consider it spam and get frustrated with another spam email. At least he is being up-front and honest and willing to work with people.

I would rather email him and get a response than him spamming me.

Only problem with him emailing you or others, many consider it spam and get frustrated with another spam email. At least he is being up-front and honest and willing to work with people.

Nonsense.

The first go is through the PM server and arrives all wrapped up in PM credentials.

Clearly NOT "spam".

PM is providing a useful service in that.

"As usual".

As to any OTHER "UCE" hitting an email system's inbox.. OR NOT hitting it off the back of spam detection software?

By this late date, our email systems have FAR better optioning and helpers to control/prevent "spam" than our cotton-picking daily-driver WEB BROWSERS ordinarily have.

Those, too, can be easily protected.

I agree with this assessment 100%, regardless of what others think. I always give my email so that the person whom is truly interested is contacting us , can do so through our company email and not a forum. My work email is always monitored by myself or someone else(as I am not always on here, as I am sure others are not as well) and ensures a timely response.

I understand some only use the form, but I will not randomly solicit through a forum. I know if someone tried to contact me through the forum with an unsolicited sale I would not be happy about it.

If in conversation someone asks me to contact them that way as preferred method I would, but only after being asked to do so.

I agree with this assessment 100%, regardless of what others think. I always give my email so that the person whom is truly interested is contacting us , can do so through our company email and not a forum.

Pilgrim? The time-honoured way to do "pull" advertising.. the sort where only those who have an INTEREST contact a supplier - is to post a phone, fax, or cable address, or an info@<domain>.<tld> email address right on the webpage, on a dead-tree catalog, flyer, brochure, product poop-sheet wrapped in the box with the goods, or "whatever".

F**ks, sake, it is on cereal boxes, condoms, band-aids, and jars of pickles!

THAT "official" contact info has ALL been "gone for a while" in spite of advice it should be monkey-patched at the very least ... and as at a few seconds ago STILL IS GONE.

Trying to browse to pdq-marlin DOT com gets yah a Siteground Webhosting blank page:

SiteGround: Web Hosting Services Crafted with Care!

Meanwhile?

You are avoiding the issue?

Ever heard the phrase "credibility gap"?

Get yer skates on and FIX that ... or EXPECT a measure of caution, willyah?

Meanwhile?

Actually no I am not avoiding anything Pilgram !!! I gave the answer and you simply did not like it or agree with it.

We as a company are fine with cautious buyers and never did we or I ask anyone here or anywhere,to blindly trust anything. We have no issues with proving our quality or delivery to anyone. If anyone on this board has interest in this particular line I have freely given my work email for anyone that wants it, to contact me and ask questions, be it quality, payment or delivery.

Regardless of if you believe it is ok, I will not use this sights PM function as a marketing tool to blindly spam someone. I am on here and announced who we are , if they have interest then great contact me, if not they do not need a worthless spam from me clogging their in box.

as stated I will reach out to you in that manner as you specifically asked ME to

Pilgrim? The time-honoured way to do "pull" advertising.. the sort where only those who have an INTEREST contact a supplier - is to post a phone, fax, or cable address, or an info@<domain>.<tld> email address right on the webpage, on a dead-tree catalog, flyer, brochure, product poop-sheet wrapped in the box with the goods, or "whatever".

F**ks, sake, it is on cereal boxes, condoms, band-aids, and jars of pickles!

THAT "official" contact info has ALL been "gone for a while" in spite of advice it should be monkey-patched at the very least ... and as at a few seconds ago STILL IS GONE.

Trying to browse to pdq-marlin DOT com gets yah a Siteground Webhosting blank page:

Meanwhile?

Have some Geritol and relax...

Back