What's new
What's new

For Sale: Surplus Material - 6061 Aluminum Cores

agevirtz

Plastic
I have a few skids of 6.50" OD x 48"-80.50" 6061-T6 aluminum cores. These came from our trepanning process. These should clean up well at 6.375". See the attached list of all Aluminum available. I can provide certs for the majority of the 6.50" material as 6061 T6. the balance of the cores I do not have certs for. Those grades of Aluminum could be 6061 or 7075. Most cores have a fin on the end. Some may have a fin in the middle, depending if we trepanned all from one end or from both ends. I have attached a picture. Payment via credit card. FOB Erie. Aluminum Cores.jpgfins.jpg

I am one of the owners of American Hollow Boring Co. and certify that this material is not stolen.

4” x 40” 6160 round. My cost 250$.
So at hobby prices that ain’t bad.

That's roughly $5/lb (if I did the math right), and that's for material to the OD and length you want. I haven't priced Al bar for a bit so maybe it's really spiked, but I was paying around $3-3.50/lb for Al before, and others have stated in the $2's for larger quantities recently.

For material such as the OP is listing, with fins/flanges left from the trepanning, I'd think $1.50/lb would be more attractive for speculative buying for stock.

Especially with some of the other cores where the question of 6061 or 7075 exists - that would have to be cheaper unless a XRF of the stock was done.

I am one of the owners of American Hollow Boring Co. and certify that this material is not stolen.
Not stolen but this is an obvious attempt to create aluminum tubing off-the-record. And we all know what aluminum tubing is used for. Colin Powell told us. Somebody is makin' nukular weapons here, and I for one sure as hell don't want to be anywhere near this stuff when military intelligence tracks it down. :(

Not stolen but this is an obvious attempt to create aluminum tubing off-the-record. And we all know what aluminum tubing is used for. Colin Powell told us. Somebody is makin' nukular weapons here, and I for one sure as hell don't want to be anywhere near this stuff when military intelligence tracks it down. :(

Crap - and we've already been told it's Russian material! It all fits now, where's my red yarn and nuke site pictures?!

Yeah I’d be interested as a hobby guy at 1$ a lbs. but that’s my situation and distance considered. If your trying to avoid the scrap yet invest little as possible in the endeavor then I would suggest x2 scrap price. That’s like 25-50c a pound

Damn it, I liked your comment again.

Stop making agreeable comments you bastard!

Yeah I’d be interested as a hobby guy at 1$ a lbs. but that’s my situation and distance considered. If your trying to avoid the scrap yet invest little as possible in the endeavor then I would suggest x2 scrap price. That’s like 25-50c a pound

Aluminum scrap has went back up to around previous peak prices, 45 cents a pound here.

Well, she did say make an offer. If I were closer I would on the 7075 cores, but with truck rental it likely doesn't make sense.

Put them on a barge, out into lake Erie, over the falls (or thru the locks), up the St. Lawrence
and hook around down to your place....:D

Easy Peasy.

Back