What's new
What's new

For Sale: Yuasa XY and rotating table 7.5"

henrya

Titanium
This is a Yuasa XY table that I have used mounted to a drill press for locating hole positions. Model 555 -005, (as best as I can read the tiny tag) made in Japan. I've had it since brand new, perhaps 30 years. The table is 7.5 X 7.5 inches and from the mounting plate the table top is about 4.5" high. The table weighs about 20 pounds.

$200.00 plus actual shipping (and insurance if desired).

I might also take real Aloris AXA tool holders or 5C collets in trade.

Attachments

• xy table 1.jpg
    xy table 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 307
  • xy table 2.jpg
    xy table 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 350
  • xy table 3.jpg
    xy table 3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 260
Price seems high to me. I bought one of those new back awhile for about $50.

I doubt you bought a Yuasa X,Y table new for $50. Yuasa actually imports some good stuff, a couple steps above the other imports in both price and quality. That being said, if it really is a rotating X,Y table, then it looks like it's missing the base to me. It won't sit flat and there is no way to gauge the angle besides indicating on a t-slot. With no fixture points other than the bolt in the center, it seems like it's pretty limited to use on a drill press, which may be why you aren't seeing much interest. Few people with a vertical mill would have need to put an X,Y table on their drill press.

Teryk

The rotating feature is under the table, is graduated and locks with set screws. So the table can be rotated for an operation but does not rotate by crank. The rotation nor the X or Y moves are made to function as a milling table. Its best for moving the part around to position. That said I have “milled” a few slots in wood and aluminum, but its not made for that at all. I kept a small toolmakers vise on top to hold the work most of the time. Once its all trammed in it is pretty handy to have a vise to hold a part and the ability to move the part to locate and drill holes. Or bolt down bigger parts to the table. If you think its a milling machine adapter for a drill press you would be less than happy with it. But its still handy to have when it fits your work needs.

Many thanks for noticing and bumping my post up! And as I wrote, if it seems too high let me know or make an offer if you are interested.

$150.00 shipped. Or trade for interesting stuff like 5c collets or AXA tool holders.

Just my humble opinion, but I think you'd be better off offering that in forums oriented towards home shop types.

just my humble opinion... but what do you care about his sale ? he has a tool
for sale here...don't wan't it...don't buy it.
he's a Lifer , as many of us are , and has earned the right to sell anything
of the sort that belongs here . just because you can't apply it to your
POS EnCo china drill press (china dreamworld )....

i've bought every tool imaginable here ... from lathe chucks...inserts...to
mcmaster catalogs, nuts and bolts, cans of paint.

i can still smell me some bullshit.

ENCO dissolved more than ten years ago...... mendacity, bullshit..........prevail.
still stinks from your BS.

[Snip]

ENCO dissolved more than ten years ago...... mendacity, bullshit..........prevail.

Oh, I'd like to get all up your ass to match you, but I'll keep this polite - I'm trying to be helpful. There was no snark in my comment, it was literally saying that "IMO" he really would be better off posting to the hobby forums, as what he's trying to sell isn't an industrial part.

he's a Lifer , as many of us are , and has earned the right to sell anything
of the sort that belongs here . just because you can't apply it to your
POS EnCo china drill press (china dreamworld )....

i've bought every tool imaginable here ... from lathe chucks...inserts...to
mcmaster catalogs, nuts and bolts, cans of paint.

i can still smell me some bullshit.

Oh, I'd like to get all up your ass to match you, but I'll keep this polite - I'm trying to be helpful. There was no snark in my comment, it was literally saying that "IMO" he really would be better off posting to the hobby forums, as what he's trying to sell isn't an industrial part.

Definitely agree with Milland. Just venturing a guess it looks like it is made to attach to the hole in the center of a drill press table. I know a lot of machine shops that don't even have a drill press and those that do don't use them for anything that would require an XY rotating table, especially one that only weighs 20#.

i didn't want to be offensive here... but what does anyone care, what someone else
is trying to sell. i'd be pissed if it were my sale - and some third party , who
obviously had no interest hijacked the sale -and told me to sell it elsewhere..
an x-y stage can be useful for non-milling apps that maybe someone could use .

wtf does it matter if you think his table doesn't meet your criteria for your personal
needs in your shop.

i'll bet that there's someone out there that does... this is a market post, not
an argument.

sorry if i'm being too critical. but this is a selling thread.

cheers.

Keep it up boys!
The bumps keep my post on page one.

Thanks,

henrya

"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right."
P. T. Barnum maybe....

I'd put that on ebay.

People are getting $200 for Atlas x/y tables.

[edit for correction]
People are getting as much as $350 for Atlas x/y tables.

Yours should have no problem fetching $150 there, particularly since yours is lower profile than the Atlas table and would be better on a benchtop drill.

You could even see a bidding war.

Another free bump.

Steve

Last edited:

Back