What's new
What's new

sales and/or return question

Mold God

Aluminum
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I could not find a more appropriate forum heading.

I sold a Criterion boring head on this forum not too long ago (pictures posted, questions answered) and the buyer wants me to take it back because it does not have a cap of some sort to cover some of the mechanicals. He says. No comment on the ability to perform its intended functions. I have a couple other criterion heads and have never seen a cap of this description. I think he may have used it for a job and wants to see if he can get the use for free.

Any opinions are welcome.

Absolutely not. You did your due diligence and the buyer should have done the same. Seems like a relatively innocuous missing part, if it ever existed.

If your pictures showed it without said cap, and the buyer did not ask, you have a leg to stand on and the buyer does not. Is the buyer a regular on PM who might give a reasonable explanation? My first response would be "pound sand," but if the buyer is a long-time PMer and not a flake, then ask the buyer to show a picture or catalog image with said cap. Putting myself in your shoes, I suppose if the buyer was a well-respected long-time PMer, I would take the item back if they could assure me on their word that the unit was in the same condition as when it left my hands.

I've looked at your original post, and it appears you took several pictures from different angles.

I'm curious what this part he wants looks like, or does. I've looked at several pictures of the same model head, and haven't seen any difference between those, and yours.

Is it possible he's referring to one of the stops? Maybe one fell out in transit??

Steve.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

I posted three photos, but the area that I think is in question was not in any of them. Not sure how a cap would fit or make the function any better.

I may let it go for a couple of days and think some more, but am considering asking a couple of questions like, "did it work?" or "did it function properly without the cap?" and see what response I get. He is rated aluminum, no idea what it means.

Is it possible he's referring to one of the stops? Maybe one fell out in transit??

He used the term "cap" I am guessing it did not refer to a stop. It seems as though it is for a cap to cover the opposite end from the adjustment screw, but I could not imagine how it would be held in, it is a pretty shallow area.

I looked at a bunch of pictures from google and didn't see anything that was missing on yours.

None on ebay have a cap on the opposite end of the screw (even ones that are four times the price you sold it for.

Steve

It would be fair to let the seller explain better what he thinks is missing instead of guessing or mentioning sand pounding. Maybe you can invite him to participate in this thread?

In the worst case scenario, you had a second person in line who was ready to buy it. So the seller can just ship it there by a traceable method, and after it's received by the second buyer, you'll refund his money.

Tell him you aren't Harbor Freight and he can't use the tool once and then bring it back for a refund. Sounds like that is what he is up to.

Johnny Rivera of R & C Auctions (randc_inc on eBay) has 919 items on eBay now. One of the items is a 3F-HBD Criterion boring and facing head on a NMTB 40 shank for $1200. His is the picture you borrowed for your for sale ad, which was your fourth post here on PM. There is a rule about that. And JRivera was the first to respond to your ad.

NICE CRITERION 3F-HB AUTOMATIC BORING & FACING HEAD 3/4 " 3F-HBD W/ NMTB40 | eBay

Is JRivera the buyer who wants a refund of his $300?

Larry

Johnny Rivera of R & C Auctions (randc_inc on eBay) has 919 items on eBay now. One of the items is a 3F-HBD Criterion boring and facing head on a NMTB 40 shank for $1200. His is the picture you borrowed for your for sale ad, which was your fourth post here on PM. There is a rule about that. And JRivera was the first to respond to your ad.

NICE CRITERION 3F-HB AUTOMATIC BORING & FACING HEAD 3/4 " 3F-HBD W/ NMTB40 | eBay

Larry

He is, indeed. The final negotiated price was $260, shipped.

Now I am really confused. So a person who makes a living buying tools cheap and selling them for top dollar wants a refund? Since he knows the above item well, he should have asked for more pictures. I am definitely voting for pound sand.

Larry

Link to this rule, I was unable to find it.

I'll add my vote for sand pounding (what are we, backyard foundries?).

Hell, if I'd seen the original sale posting I would have jumped on it myself, that's a great price for that head assuming it functions properly. Much nicer looking than the unit FS on Ebay.

And he beat you down to $260?? Jeez...

Back