What's new
What's new

Schaublin E-32 collet set

GregSY

Diamond
37 collets in all, smallest 11/64", largest 25/32". This is a complete set in that range except 11/32" and 5/16" are missing. These are Schaublin-made and have some light surface rust from sitting. I used a wire brush in a bench grinder to remove the rust enough to read the size of each but they will need a general clean-up. The portion of the collets that sits in the plywood has almost no surface rust; the portion that is visible is where the rust happened.

I believe these are E-32 but am not 100% sure. The OD at the largest part of the collet is 1.260"

$200 for all, includes free shipping to your place within the 48 states. The plywood is not included as it would be expensive to ship and doesn't have much value...but if you want it and will pay the shipping, I'll send it.

Schaublin E-32.jpgSchaublin collet.jpg

Last edited:
37 collets in all, smallest 11/64", largest 25/32". This is a complete set in that range except 11/32" and 5/16" are missing. These are Schaublin-made and have some light surface rust from sitting. I used a wire brush in a bench grinder to remove the rust enough to read the size of each but they will need a general clean-up. The portion of the collets that sits in the plywood has almost no surface rust; the portion that is visible is where the rust happened.

I believe these are E-32 but am not 100% sure. The OD at the largest part of the collet is 1.260"

$200 for all, includes free shipping to your place within the 48 states. The plywood is not included as it would be expensive to ship and doesn't have much value...but if you want it and will pay the shipping, I'll send it.

View attachment 320966View attachment 320967

I''l take them. I tried to send you a PM but your message box is full.

Mistake, sorry. I thought they interchanged with er32 stuff...I had a look at the photos and I'm obviously wrong. Still available to others..

Mea Culpa..

Metalurgent

That's a hell of a deal for $100.

Fwiw and if my past research is correct. I did some digging into the Schaublin E 25 series collets my Volstro rotary milling head came with. From what I could find, it seems Schaublin invented the E series. Rego Fix the inventors of the ER colet series took Schaublins dimensions and taper angles and added a bit over .100" to the E 25 sized collet length, then added the extraction groove and eccentric nut design for that extraction. So the taper angles between the two are the same and the overall length is slightly different for the ER's. But the two aren't interchangeable. And the nut threads are completely different sizes between the E and ER collets. If Volstro followed industry standard nut dimensions, then the proper E collet nuts are a lot smaller in diameter than the ER uses.

Added info. Schaublin for some reason designate there own ER collets with the prefix ESX instead of ER. And those are afaik completely interchangable with ER collets. Since I already had a set of Schaublin ESX 25 collets when I got that Volstro head, it was easy to compare the E 25's with them for the dimensions and taper angles.

Thanks...they are super cheap especially for being Schaublin-made. But they're gonna get tossed if no one buys them......

That's exactly what confused me. I have a bunch of ISO30 holders that came with schaublin ESX25 collets that were a direct match for the er25 equivalent. I saw the full set of what I thought were er32 schaublins and pressed "buy". Then I saw the second photo and had a WTH moment.

Back