What's new
What's new

Schaublin Swiss Items W20, W25 Aciera, Habegger

cinematechnic

Cast Iron
I have some Schaublin items that I have been jealously guarding for some time. I’ve decided that I’m willing to sell if I can get reasonable offers.

With the Swiss Franc at a 6-year low against the US Dollar (and sure to fall much further) now is the time to get what you need before it becomes completely unaffordable.

Also, if ordering from Europe, there is also no longer a low cost way to ship between E.U. and North America… unless you are willing to wait 6 months for a postal package. So you’d have to pay for FedEx or UPS.

I’ve stated my asking prices and provided comparable pricing were possible. In all cases I will consider reasonable offers and politely decline any low-ball offers.

Please contact me via email (see the photos for my email) for fastest response. You can PM me here but I don’t get notified when I get a PM.

Items are located in Biddeford, ME 04005 USA

Shipping costs are additional. I’ll ship via the method you prefer but if you are outside the U.S. it will have to be FedEx or UPS. International postal shipments are a disaster right now.

Set of W20 METRIC collets (23 collets) $475.-
Includes custom wood collet holder

These collets were made by Deprag CZ (Czech Republic) and purchased new by me in 2003. Condition of the collets is very good used with almost so signs of wear.

Sizes (mm):
2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 14.5, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

The 11 and 17mm collets are original Schaublin. Sizes above 16mm are Type B stepped collets and do not pass through at that diameter. 20mm is the largest possible collet size in W20 without going to step chucks that require collet closers.

The cost of these collets today would be at least $660.00 plus wire transfer fees and shipping from CZ.

A set of 23 Schaublin W20 collets will likely cost 1203.50 CHF which comes to $1397 at todays horrible exchange rate.

***Other Schaublin items to follow...***

W20 Collets Metric CZ.jpgW20 Metric Collets CZ sideways.jpgW20 Collet Close Up.jpgCinemaTechnic@mac.jpg

Custom W25 Collet Fixture

Custom W25 Collet Fixture $875.-

This custom made fixture was built using a W25 spindle nose I purchased in Switzerland. Although not marked, I’m nearly certain it is a Schaublin part. I believe it is a spindle nose adapter for the Schaublin CNC lathes such as the 225 CCN to allow them to use W25 collets.

The spindle nose has the exact dimensions of a W25 spindle, including the special thread for fitting chucks and collet closers. The indexing pin is a set screw type and is adjustable. The part is hardened and ground. The back end of the spindle nose has a diameter of 90mm.

The base is made from steel and has a captive W25 threaded nut to serve as a drawbar. The nut is turned via a gear using a small spanner tool. Base dimensions are 7.25 x 4 x 1 inch; 18.4 x 10.1 x 2.54 cm

In the photo you can see a W25 collet clamped in the fixture. The collet is a 61/64 inch and is available if you need one.

It would be possible to use this fixture with W20 collets using a W20-W25 adapter sleeve and making another threaded nut. The taps for W20 buttress thread are now being sold on eBay by Chinese sellers at a fraction of the cost of the real DC Swiss tap.

***Again, reasonable offers considered, as well as offers of precision tooling in trade. Interested almost anything Swiss, 5C / W31.75 items, ER11, ER25 and ER40 collets and holders. Hardinge manual lathe items, metric measuring tools, etc.***

W25 Fixture 1 m.jpgW25 Fixure 2 m.jpgW25 Fixture 3 m.jpg

Last edited:
W25 Shank Collet Fixture Plate

W25 Shank Custom Collet Fixture Plate $115.-

Now that we are getting to the smaller items I want to mention that these will be cross-posted on fleaBay. According to their rules I have to list a lower price on their site.

But as I mentioned I am accepting offers and I can offer a better deal here.

This fixture is made from a W25 solid collet blank (no manufacturer marking but fits W25 spindles perfectly) and 6061 aluminum disc mounted to the front of it.

Dimensions: Larger diameter of the aluminum disc is 76mm [2.992 in] with a thickness of 0.6575 in [16.7 mm] and the smaller diameter is 1.905 in [48.39 mm] and has a height of 0.3925 in [9.97 mm].

Comes as shown in photos. V-block not included in sale.

W25 Fixture Horiz.jpgW25 Fixture Vert.jpgCinemaTechnic@mac.jpg

W25 to WW Collet Adapter (Custom)

W25 to WW collet adapter

This is a custom adapter I made using a W25 collet blank. It has a 0.3125 in bore and the correct taper to accommodate WW watchmaker’s collets. These collets are inexpensive and easily available from Sherline:

Individual WW Collets – Sherline Products

Most sizes are around $18 each. The Sherline collets are soft 12L14 steel and well suited to hold small parts made from soft materials.

Since these small WW collets don’t have much depth they can be very useful to hold small parts without having to bother with a collet stop.

This is a great way to solve the problem of holding small diameters on your Swiss lathe without spending huge amounts of money for W25 collets in each size.

I will include a 0.275-40 drawbar with the adapter (not pictured)

Note: If you want to use this adapter with B8 collets, you’ll need to slightly increase the bore to 8.00 mm and get or make a drawbar with the correct thread for B8.

W25 to WW w-o Collet Vert.jpgW25 to WW w-Collet Vert.jpg

W25 to WW collet adapter

This is a custom adapter I made using a W25 collet blank. It has a 0.3125 in bore and the correct taper to accommodate WW watchmaker’s collets. These collets are inexpensive and easily available from Sherline:

Individual WW Collets – Sherline Products

Most sizes are around $18 each. The Sherline collets are soft 12L14 steel and well suited to hold small parts made from soft materials.

Since these small WW collets don’t have much depth they can be very useful to hold small parts without having to bother with a collet stop.

This is a great way to solve the problem of holding small diameters on your Swiss lathe without spending huge amounts of money for W25 collets in each size.

I will include a 0.275-40 drawbar with the adapter (not pictured)

Note: If you want to use this adapter with B8 collets, you’ll need to slightly increase the bore to 8.00 mm and get or make a drawbar with the correct thread for B8.

View attachment 307580View attachment 307579

I do not have any Sherline collets, so I have not measured one. But I do know that real WW collets have 8 mm (.3147") bodies and will not fit into a .3125" bore.

Here are collet dimensions from a 1909 Hardinge collet list that includes the Webster-Whitcomb and a dimensioned drawing of the WW collet from a Levin catalog.

By the way, I like the Sherline Chinese-made wood WW collet boxes, which do have holes that fit 8 mm collets.

Larry

collet list p1.jpg Levin WW collet dwg..JPG

W25 Shank Custom Collet Fixture Plate is SOLD
Other items remain available
I have a few W20 inch collets that I will be listing next

I do not have any Sherline collets, so I have not measured one. But I do know that real WW collets have 8 mm (.3147") bodies and will not fit into a .3125" bore...

By the way, I like the Sherline Chinese-made wood WW collet boxes, which do have holes that fit 8 mm collets.

Larry

Thanks for the info, and a nicer scan of the Hardinge collet dimensions page than I've seen before. I thought that WW was 5/16 and B8 was 8.00mm body. Sherline claims that the dimensions are not well standardized and they have seen more than one thread diameter/pitch combo for example.

I have one of the Sherline WW boxes that I bought back in the 2000's. Did not know it was Chinese (or perhaps back then it wasn't), but it's a great box for those little collets.

If someone buys the adapter and wants to use it with 8.00mm collets, it would be a simple matter to enlarge the bore. But in the USA it is more likely that the buyer will want to have quick access to relatively inexpensive collets when needed for a particular small job.

The following items have sold:
W25 Shank Custom Collet Fixture Plate
W25 to WW Collet Adapter

I still have the other items listed above.

I may consider listing some other Schaublin items, depending on interest.

Back