What's new
What's new

Looking for X Y table. Cross slide

I have this Jacob 150, I have had it sitting on a shelf for some time and just two days ago mounted it on my IMA Drillpress.

If you are willing to make an offer on it, I definitely would consider moving it along with shipping. (providing we agree on offer?)
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
Thank you,

I'm pretty sure that SShep71 was asking how much travel do you need on each axis. Like 4 inch by 3 inch?

Jacques

This is just for a general shop drill. It's just easier to center a drill. 4 to 8" travel is fine. We do a lot of equipment repair & need something heavy. Thanks.

I have a Tsudakoma Cross/rotary, but it is only a 12x12 table with only a few inches of travel. It is too small for what you describe.

This is just for a general shop drill. It's just easier to center a drill. 4 to 8" travel is fine. We do a lot of equipment repair & need something heavy. Thanks.

Overkill, and not for sale, but you MIGHT do as I am, just on a smaller scale.

To wit.. repurposing a B&S # 1 "Universal" milling-machine table as a positioner for my drillpress. That brings X, Y and a decent amount of swivel. The drillpress already has rack & pinion vertical (Z axis).

Travel is a 3 or 4 times your figure, longest axis, about the same, shortest.

Neither light, nor low-profile, (!!!) but capable of mounting serious vises - more than one at a go - and over a longish table.

The "host" is an Alzmetall AB5/S 7 HP column drill, early 1950's, with the big rectangular table, not the round one, so it can "just deal with that", mass-wise vs already weighing about 4,400 lbs, Avoir.

Find you a parted-out mill about half that B&S # 1 size, (old lineshaft machine) take X & Y, both, off the knee, fab a mount, and you are close to "ready" for whatever you have to deal with at loads a typical third-party slide cannot manage nearly as well.

"Mill-drill"? No. Not at all. May or may not add a DRO in due course, but NO plans to MILL with it. I have a mill.

This is for MANUAL positioning, lock it, then do ignorant down the hole drilling, not for milling and "side loads".

2CW

Back