What's new
What's new

Servo Power Feeds

patrickm553

Plastic
Hey guys/gals. I rebuild servo type power feeds and have a few for sale as well. Currently I have an 140 x and a 150 y axis kit that fit bridgeport machines. Asking $400 each. Call or text if interested. I am located in central Indiana. 812-870-7994. Patrick.

They are Servo brand. Not the Chinese junk copies.

What's better about a "real" servo brand powerfeed compared to a new China one?

Genuinely curious. For as hokey a design as those things are the new china ones I have bought for $89 free shipping sure look nicer inside than the older "real" servo ones I have.

Please elaborate on what you mean by nicer. I am a fan of servo brand because the availability of replacement parts. Properly maintained they will last a long time. I am sure that is true of one of the China made ones as well. However I prefer USA made products. True you can buy several china made ones for the price of a real servo.

The spiral bevel drive gears look better quality on the new china ones VS the older Servo units I have been into.

I'd honestly be pretty shocked if the servo stuff was actually made in USA.

Seems to me like a lot of these commodity products end up getting made in china because that's where the US company sent it all to have it made cheap.

@garwood I can verify that alot of their stuff is made here. I cant say I have seen every part being made, but I know that the motors and armatures are actually wound outside of cleveland and I am 99% sure they moved their circuit board manufacturing home from Mexico a few years back.

Jon

Back