What's new
What's new

Sheldon lathe taper attachment

Sparky45

Aluminum
I am removing the Taper Attachment from my T-1248-P lathe because of lack of room/space in my shop so the lathe can set close to a wall. I don't know the value of this attachment but I'd sell it for $750. I've seen some listed on selling sites for twice that amount, so I'm just guessing. I'm removing the attachment this afternoon.
I've tried to add photo's for 20 min and the site simply won't let that happen. At any rate, message me for pics.

Also open to offers.

Last edited:
Yes James, I did. I've posted pics here before without a problem, but today I lacked the MoJo! I'll try again tomorrow.
S45

Photos for sparky’s lathe
1dc2bc517baa7dd2b9eb452af617de24.jpg

887cdf3e7584a368c26d2b59902c8760.jpg

392fff1ec6cd76e06f9ff57a893a24ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your taper attachment is missing a part or two. The shoe or the piece that rides on the top rail is missing. Is your lathe equipped with a telescoping cross feed screw? $325 is a more realistic price IMO.

Thank you for your reply. I'll check in the morning, but I believe this Taper Attachment is the Lt210A PLAIN; there is no telescoping cross feed screw. At least I think that's right. I just got the Lathe this week and haven't gotten it placed into the shop proper, still on Piano dollies. I had to remove the Taper Attachment in order to "fit" the Lathe in the right area, up against a wall.

Yeah, I been following the thread you started over on the Sheldon Lathe io.group. You maybe correct on it being the plain taper attachment. Sheldon did offer this earlier in life. Mine had the telescopic cross feed screw. Regardless, you are missing the piece that rides on the top rail of the taper bar that attaches to the slotted piece on the cross slide. IF there, I don't see it in the pictures.

Yeah, I been following the thread you started over on the Sheldon Lathe io.group. You maybe correct on it being the plain taper attachment. Sheldon did offer this earlier in life. Mine had the telescopic cross feed screw. Regardless, you are missing the piece that rides on the top rail of the taper bar that attaches to the slotted piece on the cross slide. IF there, I don't see it in the pictures.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the piece I'm missing would you?

Found the piece that wasn't missing all along; it's attached to the plate that attaches to the crossslide.
Going to lower my selling offer to $500 OBO.

here's a parts breakdown of the taper attachment F.Y.I.

I think you are crazy to sell it. I have 5 lathes and all have taper attachments except the Miltronics ML20. it has one in the computer somewhere. I would not have a manual lathe without one. If you sell it one day you will regret it.

Moonlight,

I'm not the one selling it. Yeah, I agree, almost every lathe I've owned over the years had a taper attachment. At least one in the shop had a taper attachment. My current 14" Rockwell lathe has a taper attachment.
Agree, he's crazy for getting rid of it! Ken

You have a very vivid imagination Ray! :D Besides, it's already removed and ready to package up for the next user.

Let's move this item; make a reasonable offer, I'd hate to move the listing to *bay.

I don't see "money" as the prime-mover. Patience, rather.

Someone that HAS a Sheldon without TA that WANTS a bolt-on TA, has to notice it.

Adapting a TA to some other host isn't rocket-science, but there again, someone has to have a serious need.

One of my 10EE has a TA. So I'm covered.

Doubt I'm alone on that sort of "no pressing need" situation?

I agree with you, however, being a somewhat Type A personality, waiting isn't one of my better attributes. I'll give it a little more time then off she goes. Thanks for your response.

Back